PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Kryptview A750c Evolution

ADO84
26th July, 2009, 06:08 PM
Hey Guys,

looking at ordering one of these box's today but id just like to get some of your reviews on this box (btw: im in dublin)

once i get this is it just a matter of plug and play?

Do i need to update the box when i get it? - if so does the cable come with it or do i have to buy one ?

sorry about this guys but i am very very bad at this sort of thing...

wilf
26th July, 2009, 06:35 PM
the boxes are one of the best supported boxes, it will not come pre flashed so will need to be updated when you get it, but all the info required is on this site. some supply the rs232 cable with them but just check prior to ordering i know skywonder do but if you going to use a laptop to up date with you are also going to need one of these USB to Serial 9-Pin Male Adaptor : USB Adaptors : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=29968)
usb to 9 pin male serial adapter cable that one is a bit pricey but thats just for show. yhe only thing about being in dublin is i assume you are aware of the nagrivisionn change that is going on so no one knows how long these or any boxes will work in ireland

ADO84
26th July, 2009, 07:08 PM
thanks for the quick reply, i was looking at the tutorial on this site and it seems fairly good and easy to follow

the one im looking at is this oneMy Cable Box-Cable TV Boxes-Kryptview Arnet-Arnet Kryptview Evolution A750 (http://www.mycablebox.co.uk/arnet-kryptview-evolution-a750-p-142.html?osCsid=e761da43fccf856c5ad8d960680c023e)

this one appears to come with a null modem cable, would this be any use?

i would be using a laptop to update this box

im aware of the update thats happening but the way i look at it is if i get 3 months out of this box then iv made my money back, anything after that is just profit.

thanks again for ur help :)

cactikid
26th July, 2009, 07:13 PM
if you are running vista you will have problems,not as easy as xp and serial port and null modem cable is the handiest and quickest.

ADO84
26th July, 2009, 08:39 PM
im using win XP, i think i might need a few more bits and bobs to get this update done, ill be using a laptop to update it so can anyone point me to the right place so as that i have all the correct bits to get this working and where to obtain the right cable?

@CACTIKID - where would i get a serial port and null modem cable??? (is a USB on not handier?)

also is the connection that come's with it the right one for connecting the pipe tv cable??

thanks you so much for you help guys, :)

cactikid
26th July, 2009, 11:04 PM
if you google skywonder they have what you need ,is your coaxial a screw fit as in f connector or push in.desktop pc have a serial/com port rs232 the same as most boxes for connecting box to null modem cable to pc.
the kryptview needs a screw on connectot if you have the old push on type.

ADO84
27th July, 2009, 10:54 AM
my pipe cable is like a round connection with a slight pin in the center that connect's to the back of the TV,

cactikid
27th July, 2009, 08:48 PM
tell them you need the adapter or get an f connector and change end on coaxial.if the coaxial is old upgrading may help also just check other end at wall socket.