PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba laptop

scotty1965
14th June, 2015, 10:50 AM
Hi my Toshiba satellite laptop suddenly rebooted now it does it all the time saying preparing automatic repair after flashing a few times diagnostics came up then the options to restart or advanced options to resetting so tried that but it's still the same can anyone help ? Thanks scotty

AirShowNut
15th June, 2015, 09:23 PM
You could repeatedly try shift plus F8 at power on and you may get into Safe Mode.

Or try the following which I found on another site, this has NOT been tested OR written by me --

I had the same problem described here with Win8 and the error loop. I did not have a recent emergency restore disk or Win8 installation DVD. I had just installed Symantec System Restore Desktop trial and this problem occurred during the restart. (I had previously had no problem installing another version of SSR and had uninstalled it before installing the Desktop version.)

After MANY attempts to reboot, and getting into the loop each time, I finally disconnected EVERYTHING from the computer. With everything disconnected, including the power cord, I pushed and held the power on button for almost a minute then tried rebooting with just the monitors and keyboard attached. It appeared to start loading, momentarily showed the "OOPS"/gathering info, blue restarting screen then went into the black screen with the "Preparing automatic repair" notice.

Then it actually changed to "Diagnosing..." and, as I recall (I was so shocked I didn't believe it) it said it was scanning the hard drive for errors and it could take an hour. It didn't. After a minute it tried to restart but ended up on a blue Win8 screen with an apology for not being able to load Windows. It offered to go back to a previous Restore point or Cancel. It also noted only the system files would be affected and that recently installed program(s) might need to be reinstalled. I clicked "Restore" and after a quite a few minutes of disk activity and the black Logo screen (DELL) with the moving dots... Win8 loaded and only a few minor changes were noted. Nothing spectacular except I needed to reinstall the program that may have caused the issue on restart after installing (Symantec System Restore Desktop Trial.) Hope this might help someone get out of the loop.

The os version should make no difference, it's the procedure that matters.
Hope it helps.

maca
15th June, 2015, 09:53 PM
On start up press f2 and you can enter safe mode and do a system restore from their mate ..

scotty1965
21st June, 2015, 04:30 PM
hi thanks fir your reply,s the reason my laptop was rebooting was a windows update stuck in the loop got a friend from work to sort it its all ok now