PDA

View Full Version : Frank Lampard quits Chelsea for Inter

aftermath
27th June, 2008, 10:23 PM
Frank Lampard quits Chelsea for Inter Milan, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/27/ufnlampard127.xml

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has signed a four-year contract with Italian champions Inter Milan, according to the highly-regarded France Football magazine.
# Chelsea homepage
# Andrei Arshavin attracts Chelsea and Arsenal
# Premier League Transfer Talk

The move will see the England international team up once again with former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, who replaced Roberto Mancini as Inter coach earlier this month.

Frank Lampard signs for Inter Milan
Arrivederci: Lampard is reported to have joined Inter

France Football said Lampard, who joined Chelsea from West Ham for ?11 million in 2001 when Claudio Ranieri was manager, will earn an annual salary of around ?5.8 million.

Lampard was one of Mourinho's 'untouchables' at Stamford Bridge and his goals from midfield contributed largely to the club's back-to-back Premier League title successes in the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons.

He has scored more than 20 goals in his past three seasons at Chelsea.

Lampard demonstrated great courage when he stepped up to take a penalty in last season's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool shortly after the death of his mother. He scored from the spot and Chelsea went on to reach the final for the first time in their history.

Lampard scored the equaliser for Chelsea in the final which ended 1-1 after extra time, but Manchester United went on to win the match on penalties.

Although Lampard was a hugely influential player at Chelsea, he sometimes failed to shine when partnered in midfield with German international Michael Ballack as both players like to get into the penalty box and score goals.

Specualtion will inevitably increase as to who will replace Lampard, with Portuguese midfielder Deco being touted as one of Luiz Felipe Scolari's main transfer targets.

Deco currently plays for Barcelona but is said to be surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.

smirnoff_rules
27th June, 2008, 10:25 PM
didnt l read somewhere he was best mates with the owners and he was taking other footballers over 2 him to meet them

Femalelizzard
27th June, 2008, 11:29 PM
Thats not a total shock i thought there big spending motto was gonna kick them in the teeth man U fcuked them over last season so its obvious this season unless chelsea spend another 120 million to make good there on a down hill road money doesnt make a team spirit does goodbye frank i say newcastle will probably end up around 6th next season with chelsea lol

last of the big spenders thats why i respect arsenal quality players picked around the world for cheap feeees wenger is the man

krazylegz
28th June, 2008, 08:45 AM
well its been on the cards for a while hasnt it.

@femalelizzard i dont think we'll even finish in the top half as there isnt even any talk of us signing anyone which is not nice and just shows lack of ambition or ashley is a tight arse lol

Femalelizzard
28th June, 2008, 01:26 PM
well its been on the cards for a while hasnt it.

@femalelizzard i dont think we'll even finish in the top half as there isnt even any talk of us signing anyone which is not nice and just shows lack of ambition or ashley is a tight arse lol

have faith m8 we picked up well the end of last season we should be in the top half next season maybe 6th is wishing a bit to much but i deffo see us in the top 10 easy ashley is all about money but i think keegan is waiting to find the right players as he doesnt want to make the same mistake as Fat Sam and buy a heap of shite which ended up in getting sacked

indysingh
28th June, 2008, 08:39 PM
has this been confirmed by the chelsea fc yet?

t3d
29th June, 2008, 12:12 PM
it's not made it to the bbc website yet - just checked the chelsea section... all just based on italian reports at the moment.

colinE
29th June, 2008, 12:36 PM
have faith m8 we picked up well the end of last season we should be in the top half next season maybe 6th is wishing a bit to much but i deffo see us in the top 10 easy ashley is all about money but i think keegan is waiting to find the right players as he doesnt want to make the same mistake as Fat Sam and buy a heap of shite which ended up in getting sacked

I didnt think big sam was given a fair chance at the toon our problems started well before he came we have been on a downward spiral for years now and unless ashley spends big (which we have seen no evidence of ) we will be lucky to survive this season players have preferred boro to us But aslong as we take 6 points off the sad makums I dont care :)

kevinly
1st July, 2008, 11:40 PM
Has this been confirmed yet?

stigma1970
3rd July, 2008, 01:33 PM
No room for him if Deco arrives.
Wasn't great all last season.

bugaloo41
5th July, 2008, 03:37 PM
I think he is a different player to Deco. Deco will never score the same number of goals as Lampard who I think played well despite very trying times last season. Wish my team could afford them both.

yfabz
5th July, 2008, 11:22 PM
Chelsea will miss frank lampard he gets them at least 15 goals a season from midfield. great signing fot inter milan

E-noid
8th July, 2008, 07:27 PM
Think thats a bad move by Lampard and Chelsea imo ! whys he want to go play in the Italian league compared to the Premier league? what was the fee?