PDA

View Full Version : open media help.

petei69
27th July, 2009, 03:53 PM
hi guys, im guessing you lot do a lot of helping others, and this is very much appreciated, my problem to which i need your help please.

i know computers, and DO NOT know openmedia, my friend has had one installed and fixed by a close friend of his, he asked could i help, so here goes (i have read many posts but unable to find)

the man who installed the openmedia system, told my friend that he needs to put "no ip addess" this is the problem where is this done and how?

im guessing that the box connects to the network via a router of some sort and its either put in the router or elsewhere -the man who installed this system is now very very poorly - and at this moment unable to assist, so here i am asking you lot to help.

all he told him to do was put no ip address, where i have no idea, these systems i have no knowledge, but i will bet you, or someone on here, can help, im also guessing his sytems is not working to its full potential, as he is no techy either any help in this matter is very much greatful.

thanks to you all.

Curious123
27th July, 2009, 10:38 PM
Have read through this guide and that should give you some idea about how to work with your box.

Curious123
27th July, 2009, 10:40 PM
Have read through this guide and that should give you some idea about how to work with your box.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/guide-getting-best-your-500-series-dreambox-45848/