PDA

View Full Version : which is the best cable reciever

youngpab
28th June, 2008, 01:07 AM
got a sagem dbox2,thinking about buying another box, i dont like eurovox, i like my sagem,but it looks a bit old ,anybody recomend one of the new boxes

Erazor786
28th June, 2008, 02:44 AM
Well i think the best box i would recommend and many others on the site would be the Dreamboox 500c.

Its basically a more up to date version of the DBox2. the support for the box is very good.

pacman362
28th June, 2008, 09:27 AM
Well i think the best box i would recommend and many others on the site would be the Dreamboox 500c.

Its basically a more up to date version of the DBox2. the support for the box is very good.

I agree they are very good But you have to watch out because dream multimedia don't make the 500c anymore so you will most likely get a clone if you order 1 !

That said some clones are now as good (if not better) than the originals.

I personally have moved over to the Arnet cryptview and the Starview 2 super ! simply because of the ease of set-up and use as far as the channel numbers and auto set-up of the favorites.

@ the end of the day its all about what you want to do with the box ? If you want to just watch tv then the latter boxes are fine, If you want to network your box and turn it into a pvr then the dreambox may be the one for you.

Finally don't forget you can get pvr versions now which essentially replaces the need to network to your computer and for that reason makes 500 a bit of a waste of time, nowadays the whole process is easier for you to just purchase a 600c pvr or one of the other eurovox/starview type boxes.

Hope this helps a bit m8.

plasterer
28th June, 2008, 06:19 PM
Itgate 200 is a top box
Cable or sat Au is standerd strong signal
Nice lookin at a nice price with a 2 year warrenty
And Fantastic backup support,Wot more can you ask for ......Paul

skinterz
28th June, 2008, 06:29 PM
Itgate 200 is a top box
Cable or sat Au is standerd strong signal
Nice lookin at a nice price with a 2 year warrenty
And Fantastic backup support,Wot more can you ask for ......Paul

just had a look at the itgate box ..never seen such a good looker haha

can you do the same with it as other boxes,ie images etc?

youngpab
28th June, 2008, 08:32 PM
if so what are the differences

plasterer
28th June, 2008, 09:29 PM
just had a look at the itgate box ..never seen such a good looker haha

can you do the same with it as other boxes,ie images etc?

no Need to reimage
The one supplied with the Box is EXELLANT......Paul

C64
28th June, 2008, 10:53 PM
@ Youngpab

I agree the Sagem is a great box, it gets a lot of bad press but I adore mine :)

Don't worry about getting a clone DM500, in a few cases the clones are actually superior to the original DM500, but not all clones are equal some are pretty poor, just be careful and ask around the forum if you do decide to get a DM500 - BTW it is guaranteed that if you do buy a DM500 then it WILL be a clone, but as stated, this is not necessarily a bad thing.

I have a Chinese Clone and it's far superior to my Original German Dream Multimedia DM500.

DM500 (including clones) have the best support.

RE: ITgate, I'd look elsewhere mate. it's basically a hardware duplicate of the DM500 but the 'developers' tend to rely on Dreambox fixes being released 1st then they magically update thier boxes. I'm not saying the boxes are poor, because they are not, but I'd advise that you go for a clone DM500 instead.

Just my opinion.

Kryptview is also a superb machine with amazing support, better than the Dreamboxes infact, but I like the Linux side of Dreamboxes.

plasterer
28th June, 2008, 11:22 PM
Each to there own mate
But i can only Advise with wot ive worked with
And would still advise the same Thanx .........Paul

Neil
28th June, 2008, 11:24 PM
RE: ITgate, I'd look elsewhere mate. it's basically a hardware duplicate of the DM500 but the 'developers' tend to rely on Dreambox fixes being released 1st then they magically update thier boxes. I'm not saying the boxes are poor, because they are not, but I'd advise that you go for a clone DM500 instead.

How do you explain the itgate only hypercam?

C64
28th June, 2008, 11:27 PM
Absolutely mate. :)

I've had my hands on nearly all available boxes at one time or another, the ITgate is indeed a fine box but the people behind it are a bit grey, they rely on others to fix their problems.

Hardware = Good.
Support = Not as good as it should be.

<--witchy2k1 added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...-->

@ Neil

lol, I'll let the person who created the fix answer this.

He is a member on here, he released the last AU fix and then within days ITgate released Hypercam, the Linux fix was actually delayed partly because he knew the ITGate team were waiting on it.

Hypercam in good, and it's 99% their own work but it would be useless without a certain members Auto-Updating fix.

It's not my place to discuss this, if the guy who fixed it wants to come forward and explain things, I'd welcome it.

:)

plasterer
29th June, 2008, 12:16 AM
Thats correct mate
It was brought in after the Ap[ril 19 roll
And i ainty seen it on another box
But you still have to return to Na*
To activate it ,Just likje * box...................Paul

Mubz
2nd July, 2008, 12:59 AM
i think the DM600 is a nice box, not as many images as the 500 (but I'm sure that will change) plus you also have the added bonus of sticking in a HDD to record...

hallberg
2nd July, 2008, 07:02 AM
As already mentioned the DM500 is no longer made - was replaced by the DM500+. The clone boxes are equally as good in some cases, and also cheaper. Have heard good reports about the "Eagle" box supplied by another well known forum. The support is excellent and for less than ?100 you can do everything a DM500 was capable of.

pacman362
2nd July, 2008, 07:52 AM
Just a quick note about the eagle box ! It is another cloned 500 re'badged by Al***t to make a quick buck, I love the box for it personally take a look @ the so called eagle and you should notice its actually a f***g vulcher. lol

satman
2nd July, 2008, 09:56 AM
Absolutely mate. :)

I've had my hands on nearly all available boxes at one time or another, the ITgate is indeed a fine box but the people behind it are a bit grey, they rely on others to fix their problems.

Hardware = Good.
Support = Not as good as it should be.

<--witchy2k1 added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...-->

@ Neil

lol, I'll let the person who created the fix answer this.

He is a member on here, he released the last AU fix and then within days ITgate released Hypercam, the Linux fix was actually delayed partly because he knew the ITGate team were waiting on it.

Hypercam in good, and it's 99% their own work but it would be useless without a certain members Auto-Updating fix.

It's not my place to discuss this, if the guy who fixed it wants to come forward and explain things, I'd welcome it.

:)

Dont know how i missed this,, but thats just crap witchy,,,,,
Hypercam does not require the original AU fix to run!
And yes, the AU roms were out which gave us more time to get hypercam ready ( writing a cam to support nagra from scratch is no easy job ), but to say we were waiting on others fixing is just utter b********. Itgate is the best supported by any sellers on the net,,, prove me wrong,,

Anyways, not going into a rant so ,,,,, benefit of the thread,,
any non clone linux box in my books is a good box..
dm500 not made anymore
dbox2 not made any more, hard to aquire a decent one these days, they can be as old as 8 years old.
dm600 is about 200 sheets a original box, and is a good box
itgate 200 and 220 great alternatives at a better price
dream 7025 is un-doubtfully the 'BEST' box. but again pretty expensive

plasterer
2nd July, 2008, 02:49 PM
Dident think you would let that Pass Sats LOL.....Paul

satman
2nd July, 2008, 04:32 PM
Dident think you would let that Pass Sats LOL.....Paul

No,,,, defo not,, especially when its from someone who praises other people but didnt seem to be doing much himself when the shit hit the fan...
and taking nothing away from the 3 guys who released the AU fix, it was great for everyone, and I have spoke to couple of them individually and told them how i felt,,
As much as it was made out in that post, I ,, sorry WE, have never relied on anyone for help us,,,, we have our own iTgate dev team,, with full support from guys on the continent , so why on earth would we be waiting on the dream guys fixing,
Now we see hypercam team dragging there heals helping me get it ported to dreambox because of silly comments like this, and the fanatical clone support in the UK for dreambox,, But no problems porting it to our upcoming HD box IP900 and IP9000, ummmm guess were musta been waiting on others getting that ready for us to??,, ach, who cares, rant over,, Let us see what happens on the next attack from the cable provider,, and let us see who is first when nagra2 comes around...
coz i know where my monies are going on...........

thommo
2nd July, 2008, 04:45 PM
if this is going to start getting all pissy take it to pm's please...thankyou.

opinions and debate = good.........

pissy and personal = not good......

and i can see this one eventually going that way so ive posted to stop it before it begins.

satman
2nd July, 2008, 04:48 PM
if this is going to start getting all pissy take it to pm's please...thankyou.

opinions and debate = good.........

pissy and personal = not good......

and i can see this one eventually going that way so ive posted to stop it before it begins.

Rant over......... ;) promise

mept1
7th July, 2008, 09:13 AM
got a sagem dbox2,thinking about buying another box, i dont like eurovox, i like my sagem,but it looks a bit old ,anybody recomend one of the new boxes

no doubt in my opinion,.. itgate 220 with external hard drive,fantastic box,very user friendley,crystal clear recording,no freezing or pixelating
contra to previous posts,..well supported;)

elfis280
11th July, 2008, 12:16 AM
so no clear favorite then, i notice no one mentioned starview or eurovox, take they're crap then!!! I checked on the dreamboxes and this guy seems to have them for sale by the way, is the Dreambox DM800HDPVR --NEW! in full hd? doesnt seem to have an hmdi terminal at the back if it is?

KhuramKhan13
25th July, 2008, 08:16 PM
I think it depends on what you expect out of a box!

I have played about with several different cable boxes over the past year or so and I have to say the Starviews...

A lot of people might not agree with me, but the fact that it is so easy to flash and so reliable (i.e. a lot of peoples cable boxes have gone down and these ones haven't) i think says it all!

If your anything like me you just want somethin that works , something you can plug in and away you go...

Although the biggest pain with these boxes is the epg which plays up

Other advantage its cheap !!! Therefore pays for itself !!!

paul1974
26th July, 2008, 08:00 AM
i has to be the noika dox2 its been out for years and the still are working the dreambox is new but i see how long the can last

Femalelizzard
26th July, 2008, 10:23 AM
ITGATE TGC 200 LATEST LINUX BOX on eBay, also, Cable Boxes, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 02-Aug-08 12:46:47 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ITGATE-TGC-200-LATEST-LINUX-BOX_W0QQitemZ270258559410QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 70258559410)

This kid is selling the IT gates on ebay and stating they auto update what the fcuk wonder why this kevin hasnt been pinched

plasterer
26th July, 2008, 08:17 PM
Ask Satman hes one of his Gang
Long live the Itgate
Thats all i can say...........Be Happy ................Paul

Renwich
26th July, 2008, 08:28 PM
for me the dreambox rules, for stability , but the dbox was more fun to play with,

javaoverride
28th July, 2008, 09:16 PM
ITGATE TGC 200 LATEST LINUX BOX on eBay, also, Cable Boxes, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 02-Aug-08 12:46:47 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ITGATE-TGC-200-LATEST-LINUX-BOX_W0QQitemZ270258559410QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 70258559410)

This kid is selling the IT gates on ebay and stating they auto update what the fcuk wonder why this kevin hasnt been pinched

pinched for what its only illegal if you plug it in and that responability is down to the customer

as for best box if your looking for a starter box that very easy to use with just the basics then Eurovox is a great box for that

but personaly its itgate all the way for me with the exellent support,price and with a 2 year warrenty on the hardware you cant really go wrong

but as said in pev posts all linux boxes are great

manny121
28th July, 2008, 10:49 PM
I agree mate eurovox are the easiest to use compared to dbox

Smellyjocks
30th July, 2008, 01:17 PM
has to be the dm500/600c, I've been using for a while now and find it the best use to have the dbox2, is good but very bulky

stemack
30th July, 2008, 04:24 PM
id have to say itgate tgc 200 or tgm220 briliant and love PLF

sibonn
3rd December, 2008, 05:49 PM

the arnet 700 is pretty good::manutop:

scarface_34
3rd December, 2008, 06:09 PM
does anyone know if there is a cable receiver that provides HD quality

thanks

Mubz
3rd December, 2008, 06:32 PM
DM800 for around ?350