PDA

View Full Version : ps3

deepa
27th July, 2009, 08:53 PM
hi everbody,
please help me ps3 (http://www.afterdawn.com/hardware/category.cfm/game_consoles?q=playstation%203) no display on screen
all cable fine cheked[/quote

ps3 160gh network hd (http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/hd.cfm)

working this morrning Download:

southbrook
27th July, 2009, 11:19 PM
hi, a bit more info please....... on hdmi or scart etc etc.....

Raven
27th July, 2009, 11:59 PM
It's probably an oversight with the settings/connections connected more than likely....try booting with the scart and hdmi seperately and if that doesn't work one handy thing you can try if you still don't have any joy is to when you press the button to boot hold it for about 5 seconds without letting go (bit finicky so try again if it doesnt work first time it took me a couple goes lol) and that will reset your ps3 to it's factory default settings....at least then if it still fails after you have tried the scart and hdmi seperately once more and double checked your connections then you would know at that point that it's something serious.

EDIT

I had a similar situation when I took my PS3 to a mate's house and I had no display on screen and I was like WTF it was workin this mornin ?! Then I twigged I'd purposely left my hdmi at home because I knew he didn't have a hdtv just a standard telly with scart - but I'd forgotten to set my PS3 settings accordingly before I left, the PS3 was still set to HDMI settings! lol .....no chance doing it blind either....but I remembered this tip somehow and that sorted the problem out nicely. All it meant was to readjust my settings when I got home which took all of a minute or two.

dazza78
30th July, 2009, 12:42 PM
It's probably an oversight with the settings/connections connected more than likely....try booting with the scart and hdmi seperately and if that doesn't work one handy thing you can try if you still don't have any joy is to when you press the button to boot hold it for about 5 seconds without letting go (bit finicky so try again if it doesnt work first time it took me a couple goes lol) and that will reset your ps3 to it's factory default settings....at least then if it still fails after you have tried the scart and hdmi seperately once more and double checked your connections then you would know at that point that it's something serious.

EDIT

I had a similar situation when I took my PS3 to a mate's house and I had no display on screen and I was like WTF it was workin this mornin ?! Then I twigged I'd purposely left my hdmi at home because I knew he didn't have a hdtv just a standard telly with scart - but I'd forgotten to set my PS3 settings accordingly before I left, the PS3 was still set to HDMI settings! lol .....no chance doing it blind either....but I remembered this tip somehow and that sorted the problem out nicely. All it meant was to readjust my settings when I got home which took all of a minute or two.

bang on m8 its a common issue with the ps3 , now and then you have to reset it !

just do as raven said press and hold the power button untill it beeps a couple of times , then do your settings again ,
it can teake a few gos though m8 so just bear with it
dazza

Raven
1st August, 2009, 07:46 PM
Nice to see you again dazza, how you gettin on with your ps3 situation ? did you get it replaced ? :)

dazza78
2nd August, 2009, 11:36 AM
Nice to see you again dazza, how you gettin on with your ps3 situation ? did you get it replaced ? :)
cheers m8 good to see you too!

yes m8 got my new ps3 80g delivered last tuesday (BARGAIN)
not bad hey considering i had a 40g!!! lmao
sony can go and jump the rip off baskets lol
ive reported them to watchdog , so lets see if they look into it , maybe well see abit about sony and the ps3 on the next series
dazza

Raven
2nd August, 2009, 02:37 PM
Nice one, at least you're sorted for PS3 now lol. Sony did ~~~~ up though by introducing continuous play and then pulling it - saying that if they (or is it retail?) are required by law to replace a dead console regardless of warranty status within a certain timeframe and they refuse to do it, then legally they are breaking the law. That's what makes me laugh about tight store policy, the letter of the law overrules your store's policy. Makes you wonder how they are able to get away with it and try it on because they do.

So did you have to buy a new console then ? did you try taking it back to the place of purchase ?

dazza78
3rd August, 2009, 07:34 PM
pm sent m8

rpz
5th August, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hold down power button until you hear two beeps (this resets your ps3).