PDA

View Full Version : @smirnoff or charlie

krazylegz
13th March, 2008, 09:04 PM
hi lads my little french peace of sh!t has started acting up.

it's a 54 megane 1.5dci (100bhp).

basicly i've had it about 2 weeks and about a week ago it started to vibrate and shudder a bit when ticking over then a few days later the engine management and service light both come on.

I rang the garage and they said take it to the service centre,so after an hour of driving around i found it and the bloke says whats wrong with it? so i told him the symptoms and he says it's misfiring but havent got time to strip it now so will have to leave it,~~~~ that i need a car for work,i said can you not plug the diagnostics in and check the fault it only takes a few mins, he said no it's misfiring so will need to be stripped so he asked for me to take it back on sat then he doesnt know when i'll get it back as it might be ~~~~ed when it's stripped.

so here i was sitting in massive que's in newcastles rush hour traffic and i was thinking what is he going to strip like? it's not like it's a petrol that can have a spark plug off or HT lead off for it to misfire.

picked my bro up on the way back and when i was waiting for him i popped the bonnet and the engine was rocking like hell,so i looked at the o/s engine mountain and all 3 bolts were loose,2x16mm 1x13mm the 13mm looks like it's the wrong bolt as there a fatter mark on the mountain and it doesnt tighten (unless it's stripped). so i got home tightened the 2 bolts that would tighten up and was checking to make sure all sensors were plugged in when i seen a metal thing sitting on the starting motor (oil filter removal tool) also noticed the fuel filter wasnt tight to anything and just dangling in the inner wing and also foung a 15mm bolt sitting next to the water resevoir.

my dad says them lights come on in his laguna when it needed a oil change to check my simple things like that,so the oil was ok but the air filter was black and full of leaves so i give it a quick bang on the lampost and scooped the leaves out of the box popped it back in and started it up and to my amazment the lights went off and for the first time since i had it i had the turbo whistle when revved, but it come back on as i drove to my mams and dads:(

so time for my question after my rant pmsl, would it be worth getting new filter and would that make the lights come on or is it more likely to be a faulty sensor or something?

cheers

smirnoff_rules
13th March, 2008, 09:32 PM
no m8 the fuel filter has nothing to do with the light , sounds like its had a poor service , u will have to get the code read it might be a crank sensor or a temp sensor , the temp sensors r common as they make the diesel pump over fuel because it thinks the cars cold .. theres 30 things it can be , how many miles has it done because bolt dont came loose unless they have been removed before and not tighten right after

and by the way that light also comes on if the airbag sensor under the seats r loose .. normally the airbag light and the service light come on the same time if its that

krazylegz
13th March, 2008, 09:56 PM
cheers paul it's got 69000 on......it was the air filter i meant,not the fuel;), i'm gunna take it to my mates garage the morra to get the codes read so i know what it is then give it to the cowboys at the garage to see if they say the same thing.

i can only think it's had the timing belt done as the mountain is over the belt cover??

smirnoff_rules
13th March, 2008, 10:02 PM
theres a chance the timing belt maybe loose and the pump timing has gone out . get your m8 to check that because it sounds like they cant tighten bolts right can they do cambelts right ???? dont look like it m8

krazylegz
13th March, 2008, 10:10 PM
will do cheers paul,just dont wanna touch it too much incase they say i've voided the warranty etc. they can get it sorted or take it back.

i'll let you know what he says m8

smirnoff_rules
13th March, 2008, 10:13 PM
might not of had a belt as its not due , heres a video with some info use pause

krazylegz
13th March, 2008, 11:09 PM
there no video or sound for me paul m8?? extracts as 41.5mb??

smirnoff_rules
13th March, 2008, 11:13 PM
there no video or sound for me paul m8?? extracts as 41.5mb??

its playing with windows media player my end m8 ?

allycoops
13th March, 2008, 11:14 PM
plays as an avi in wmp here krazy, no sound though?

allycoops
13th March, 2008, 11:15 PM
try right click on it and chosse open with , then select wmp from list

smirnoff_rules
13th March, 2008, 11:20 PM
plays as an avi in wmp here krazy, no sound though?

~~~~ me u want mp3 aswell lol

allycoops
13th March, 2008, 11:22 PM
PMSL I'd want you round here to fix the ~~~~er, never mind a home made ~~~~in video. LOL

krazylegz
14th March, 2008, 09:30 PM
think my vista is corrupt pmsl...time for xp back on lol.

i had the codes read paul and theres 2 faults

P-0487----------EGR valve
P-0409----------EGR valve sensor

they'll be ~~~~ed if i'm forking out for a EGR as they cost an arm and a leg so it's going in on monday but they've got to check it themselves to make sure i aint telling porkies lol

smirnoff_rules
14th March, 2008, 11:13 PM
mark it m8 just in case they just clean it out , if they just clean it and u know then tell them thats only a temp fix and can they guarantee its going to last , if they cant then demand another new one

krazylegz
14th March, 2008, 11:22 PM
will do paul have you got a pic of where it is m8?

smirnoff_rules
14th March, 2008, 11:32 PM
it was in my video ? lol

allycoops
14th March, 2008, 11:34 PM
it was in my video ? lol

the one with no sound, LOL

smirnoff_rules
14th March, 2008, 11:37 PM
for tho's that cant open a windows media file lol

krazylegz
15th March, 2008, 12:38 AM
for tho's that cant open a windows media file lol

pmsl cheers paul m8, that video still doesnt work on mine with either wmp,winamp,media player classic,zoom player etc........think mines ~~~~ed lol

charlie senator
15th March, 2008, 12:43 AM
Sorry krazy I havent had much time this week so ive only just seen this thread but it looks like you've got it sorted anyway.BTW do as paul said and mark it mate

smirnoff_rules
15th March, 2008, 12:46 AM
pmsl cheers paul m8, that video still doesnt work on mine with either wmp,winamp,media player classic,zoom player etc........think mines ~~~~ed lol

sounds like your codec is ~~~~ed m8 install this ,, very good program http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=53761

charlie senator
15th March, 2008, 12:48 AM

Working fine on winamp for me !!

krazylegz
18th March, 2008, 02:48 AM
well car has been in garage all day today and after numorous shouting sessions to the garage i finally got out of them that they have ordered parts and will be ready to pick up the morra,i marked the EGR valve with tipex just incase but my bro said they ordered the new valve from his place so i take it's getting a new un fitted..........now just got 2 hours on public transport to get the garage to pick it up the morra..................you dont realise how much you rely on a car till it's gone do you?

charlie senator
18th March, 2008, 09:40 PM
Have you got it back now ? and is it ok

krazylegz
19th March, 2008, 02:39 AM
i have got it back and guess what??? it's still ~~~~ed.

i drove it home about 10 miles turned it off for 20 mins when i came in and got changed to got to work went out started it up and both lights back on again.

i rang the garage again and asked for the general manager but he was in a meeting and would be gone by the time i got my first break so gunna ring him the morra and tell him i want it sorted with a courtesy car if it's gunna be in a while and preferably take it to a main dealers as these ~~~~ers are cowboys

krazylegz
21st March, 2008, 01:09 PM
it's going back in next friday he's just saying it'll be full of carbon where it goes and needs cleaned out.....surely they should've done that b4 they put new one on??

personally i hope the turbos ~~~~ed so it gets done under warranty and it does look black and it still seem to be hunting when ticking over

smirnoff_rules
21st March, 2008, 07:31 PM
sounds more like the crank sensor to me .... not sure why u had a egr valve code up , sometimes it can be just because some ones disconnected it and not cleared the codes .. on cars l have in and im not 100% that part causes that fault l clear it and let the customer use it till the light comes on again

somes like one of these to me

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/justg1974/TDC1.jpg

krazylegz
21st March, 2008, 08:19 PM
is it possible to give the end of these a quick clean down paul just to see if it does have any difference? although i know it could be ~~~~ed totally like

smirnoff_rules
21st March, 2008, 09:19 PM
is it possible to give the end of these a quick clean down paul just to see if it does have any difference? although i know it could be ~~~~ed totally like

its a bit hard to get to m8 , l know on the petrols ones some peeps have cleaned them but l just change them m8 ... might not be that m8 . its hard to know over the net m8

charlie senator
22nd March, 2008, 12:55 AM
Ive cleaned them when ive been called out to a breakdown but i wouldn't be 100% on it curing or not curing the problem .It's best to just fit a new one but like paul says over the net or the phone its hard to say what the problem is

ttaisia
4th June, 2008, 09:33 PM
Wanted to have a look but won't allow me to download