PDA

View Full Version : Bosch ME7.1.1 dEAD

davecooper47
2nd July, 2015, 08:52 PM
I was remapping a Bentley Continental GT 2006. Programmed Master ok but slave crashed at 8%. I can't get any communication with the ECU at all. I have found a second hand ME7.1.1 but the part number is slightly different. My question is: If I program the 29f800 flash data and the eeprom 95160 data from the dead ECU to the donor, will it work?? Thanks. Dave.

satellitedream
2nd July, 2015, 09:34 PM
Do you still have the original 29f800 and eeprom before you tried programming it? If so then probeblay will work if there both me7.1.1 even with a different part number

davecooper47
2nd July, 2015, 10:04 PM
I have the original 29f800 but didn't take read of 95160 until after damage was done. 95160 doesn't get touched does it??? When I try to connect with Kess now, it says "error finding hardware ID" or something like that.

I've just read the EEprom data and I can see the VIn and part number in the ASCII column very clearly. Should I believe that if I swap this data the replacement ME7.1.1 will become that part number? Also, where is key data??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libang
3rd July, 2015, 12:34 AM
Write only 29f800 in programmer with ok file .... You dont need new ecu .

davecooper47
3rd July, 2015, 12:47 AM
I need to replace ecu. It was spiked. It will not power up.

davecooper47
4th July, 2015, 03:01 AM
Got the Slave ECU back to life. I copied the master ecu eeprom data (95160) into the slave and now I can communicate with it and get hardware ID etc but it won't start and if I try to reflash original files with kess I "get checksum error". When I read flashes again with Kess, at the end of read I can save the data but it says "checksum error" also. Attached are the 95160 eeprom from master (which I presume is ok because it programmed ok) and 95160 from slave which I presume is corrupt because I couldn't communicate with this data in eeprom and the slave is what I was programming when it crashed..

ddillenger84
4th July, 2015, 10:09 AM
The immobilizer data (that must match the key/cluster/immo box if so equipped) is stored right after the login code.

It's sufficient to copy 0x30 to 0x3F and the backup page 0x40 to 0x4F into the new eeprom to establish immobilizer authentication.

As for the damage, your ecu is stuck in programming mode. The eeprom stores this condition. I can patch the routine that checks this to bypass the entire function. I need your original flash files. Post them, or email me.

I have only ever done 07C906018DF 379143, I do not have your original file.

myusername at google mail dot com

davecooper47
4th July, 2015, 10:59 AM
Files attached. Please can someone help me with this. Customer supposed to be doing a wedding this afternoon. Thanks. Dave.

davecooper47
4th July, 2015, 02:27 PM
Ok. So it seems me slave ECU is stuck in programming mode so I can't get communication. Does anyone know how I can release it from programming mode please.

ddillenger84
4th July, 2015, 05:31 PM
This is a later ST10 ecu. Not standard C167. At this point your best bet is to successfully program the ecu. Either via an OBD read or write.

davecooper47
4th July, 2015, 07:37 PM
Any advice on how to program it. Only thing I have for this is VCDS. Thanks. Dave.

boomeer
11th July, 2015, 12:04 PM
try in boot mode

ddillenger84
12th July, 2015, 09:11 AM
Bootmode won't help. The ecu needs to complete a read/write operation so that the eeprom clears the programming mode data.

k1champion
12th July, 2015, 12:13 PM
Why not desolder flash put on programmer for sefty.
In my own opinion to now is better to desolder when you have flash likes 29f put on programmer and read write then solder to ecu.
Loose 30 minutes but now you cane loose many days to revive the ecu and car with ori files and go away !
My advice go to dealer and make update from ecus..

ddillenger84
18th July, 2015, 12:24 PM
Why not desolder flash put on programmer for sefty.
In my own opinion to now is better to desolder when you have flash likes 29f put on programmer and read write then solder to ecu.
Loose 30 minutes but now you cane loose many days to revive the ecu and car with ori files and go away !
My advice go to dealer and make update from ecus..

This is not going to help, and it's unnecessary. If he had read the eeprom and flash, the ecu would be functioning.

To be safe, these ST-10 ecus should be done in boot mode, and have everything backed up prior to flashing.

davecooper47
20th July, 2015, 11:21 PM
ddillenger84: I totally agree. I've learned my lesson and as I said earlier, these ECU's in Bentley are removed and opened in 5 minutes. I know what Ill be doing in future!! Thanks for your help by the way. It was you who inspired me to try the master eeprom data in the slave and whatever everyone's opinion, it did the job.

teerak2uk
10th September, 2018, 05:12 PM
How do you know which is master and slave ECU's please

Regards.