PDA

View Full Version : Bentley Continental GT 2006 won't start after tuning

davecooper47
4th July, 2015, 12:32 AM
I wrote my tuned file to master ECU no problem. When writing to slave it crashed & then I could no longer communicate with slave. I programmed 29f800 direct but to no avail. I was convinced ecu was dead. Last ditch effort I read 95160 eeprom from master & 95160 from slave. Slave looked very different so I programmed master 95160 data into slave 95160. Now I can communicate with slave again & read hardware ID etc but car won't start. When I try to write original files back I get checksum error. When I read both ECU's I get checksum error at end of read. Can someone help me with this please. Thanks. Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorsportsz
4th July, 2015, 09:47 AM
When you say checksum error, were you getting a checksum error when you originally programmed the master Ecu?

lucim12
4th July, 2015, 10:03 AM
try writing original without checksum correction by the tool

ddillenger84
4th July, 2015, 10:11 AM
I have posted in your other thread.

Multipla
6th July, 2015, 12:47 AM
Perhaps I may be wrong but I know a little logic of the English and I think your ECU connected with the GPS system has inhibited immo that we are in the car. This is issue No. 1 and No. problem that kind of ECU You need to reactivate them as there is a maneuver detachment ECU and then a move to re ECU when the new install, always if you do bench.

xyznia
10th July, 2015, 10:22 PM
first,i think you don't understand what you are doing. you read and copy 95160 data,there is no engine maps in 95160 eprom,it's only for immo data,ecu configuration,coding,dtc etc. engine maps you can find in flash memory,or mpc processor,i don't know what ecu use bentley continental engine,but i am sure you have big problem now, because data in both ecus is not the same. restore ori file in master ecu,than check file size of slave ecu you read via obd,than check if it's same like all 29f800 file,than you need compare both files and try to put back all changed bytes back,than write back to ecu. or maybe online update can help to solve problem. copy 95160 content was a real big mistake

davecooper47
10th July, 2015, 11:30 PM
I understand exactly what I am doing. In situations like this everything is worth trying if you have a back up of original data. The car is now running fine and after all errors deleted there are no warning lights. I am well aware that the eeproms do not hold tuning data and that they are meant to be different but I thought I'd try it and the car is now running fine. I couldn't get comms with slave ECU until I copied master eeprom data to slave eeprom so how can I read or write it via OBD? Apparently, when writing, Kess puts the ECU in programming mode (advice from another DK member) which is data stored in the eeprom and because it crashed during writing it was stuck in programming mode so I couldn't get comms via OBD. The Master wasn't in programming mode because I'd already successfully programmed it, so by copying master eeprom to slave, at least I could get comms via OBD. Ideally, I would like to know where the data is written in the eeprom that puts it in programming mode. Then I could copy just that data from the master to the slave and write the flash again via OBD. I have read both eeproms again after the car has done about 400miles and I have cleared all errors and the data is very different in each. Of course there is a lot off common data (immo and mileage etc) but it seems that the rest of the data is sorting itself out. I programmed the slave 29f800 manually on the bench.

Anyway, another DK member has kindly sent me the 95160 eeprom data from another Bentley. From that, I can see which data in the slave is different from the master so if the car does go wrong in the future, I have something to work with.

One thing I can recommend to any member doing one of these in future if they are apprehensive is: The ECU's are so easily accessible (you don't even need any tools) and opened, I would suggest backing up the EEprom data from both before programming flash files.

Xyznia, thank you for your input but copying master eeprom to slave eeprom completely saved the day for me in this case. It's been very emotional!!!!

kennfeld
12th July, 2015, 02:28 PM
you used a clone tool for programm a bentley ?

i restored yet lot V8 audi's that guys with mpps and galleto bricked

just restore by writing file inside with the official tool and car is on the road again !

davecooper47
12th July, 2015, 10:00 PM
It doesn't matter if my tool was clone or not. I've already said it was Kess and you would not have been able to write any file with official tool because, as I have said, the ecu was stuck in programming mode which is controlled by the eeprom data. This results in no communication with any tool via obd. I programmed the chip direct using my wellon programmer. The car is running fine. and it was a V12 not V8.

I think I have given a fairly comprehensive explanation of what caused the problem and how I fixed it in the post above.

xyznia
12th July, 2015, 10:28 PM
v8 has only one ecu, for w12 are two because to much outputs and inputs in connectors,and of course one standart ecu processor can't control all these things.

icezero2010
12th July, 2015, 10:45 PM
I wrote my tuned file to master ECU no problem. When writing to slave it crashed & then I could no longer communicate with slave. I programmed 29f800 direct but to no avail. I was convinced ecu was dead. Last ditch effort I read 95160 eeprom from master & 95160 from slave. Slave looked very different so I programmed master 95160 data into slave 95160. Now I can communicate with slave again & read hardware ID etc but car won't start. When I try to write original files back I get checksum error. When I read both ECU's I get checksum error at end of read. Can someone help me with this please. Thanks. Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

send me all files original flash and eeprom

k1champion
13th July, 2015, 06:04 AM
Good to hear fix the car next time when you have 29F just desolder and program, best regards

davecooper47
13th July, 2015, 01:01 PM
I think the best way would be to backup both eeproms. They are so easy to get to. If the 29f800's get corrupted it is easy to program on the bench once I've read the original data. It was the eeproms that caused me all of the problems.

davecooper47
13th July, 2015, 01:08 PM
These are the original 29f800 files. The master EEprom 95160 is ok. The slave EEprom 95160 is stuck in programming mode and I cannot get communication with this file programmed into slave EEProm. I can only get communication if I write master eeprom data to slave eeprom and the car starts and runs ok. But I know that the master and slave should not be the same.

icezero2010
13th July, 2015, 03:44 PM
These are the original 29f800 files. The master EEprom 95160 is ok. The slave EEprom 95160 is stuck in programming mode and I cannot get communication with this file programmed into slave EEProm. I can only get communication if I write master eeprom data to slave eeprom and the car starts and runs ok. But I know that the master and slave should not be the same.

files look ok eeprom and flash on both ecus the same your problem is chk or rsa problem you can dissable the rsa write both ecus in bootmode and use a original ols for chk

the one and only different in this ecus is the adress in processor