PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi 78 Mode B ?

acestu
28th July, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Guys, I have another Hitachi 78, but it just won't go into Mode B tried everything i think, the drive comes up in jungleflasher on the VIA port i can eject the thing but it won't accept Mode B , i have tried slax and that wont do it , i have tried drawer open , drawer closed , drawer half way, does anyone have any suggestions appart from binnin it

cheers
Acestu

cgscott
28th July, 2009, 06:35 PM
Eject the drive then click it into mode b.

I havent had any problems with the hitachis.

Although i sometimes click mode b first eject then mode b again.

You wont harm the drive by trying this.

cunny
28th July, 2009, 07:34 PM
Every 1 i have tried through slax has worked, maybe try changing the port on the via 6421 card.

acestu
29th July, 2009, 04:46 PM
Yeh ive tried it all lads, the drive is recognised on the via port but when i try to do anything it says no drive on this port, i have swopped to all the different ports and it comes up with my other stuff so it is on the right port, i think its knacked, does this mean that if i cant replace the drive if i cant find the key, or can you get the key from the motherboard somehow.....

cheers
Acestu

cunny
29th July, 2009, 06:34 PM
i would keep trying slax, by the sound of it you are using jungleflasher

acestu
29th July, 2009, 07:59 PM
I have tried slax Cunny like you showed me in your tuts, my drive is powered from a seperate source, booted in slax, but nothing detected so it dosent switch to mode b, so i think there is something wrong with the chip

cheers
Acestu

cunny
29th July, 2009, 10:08 PM
I have tried slax Cunny like you showed me in your tuts, my drive is powered from a seperate source, booted in slax, but nothing detected so it dosent switch to mode b, so i think there is something wrong with the chip

cheers
Acestu

I think its your pc, try not using the via 6421 if you are.

Plug direct into motherboard and try slax 1st off