PDA

View Full Version : Stilo Magnetti Marelli BCM Swap Broken Reset Pin

Autowave
7th July, 2015, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

I was programming a transponder to a 2004 Fiat Stilo 1.4 Petrol and I've broken the reset pin from the MCU!! I managed to read and got code 65535 (which starts the car fine) see attached file but need to get the car operational again.
Can I just buy a second hand bcm and program the mcu with the attached file? Or is there another way someone can suggest?

Thanks

yellowstilo
7th July, 2015, 01:49 PM
you can use a Dremel tool to carefully expose the broken pin and solder a thin wire - you don't need to lift any pins for reading this mcu so how did you manage to break the reset pin ?

Autowave
7th July, 2015, 03:05 PM
Yes I'll have a go at doing that thanks. I read without lifting and on upa I just saw FFF's (the data was lower down the page) so I tried to reread with pin lifted! Until I realised my mistake.
If my attempt fails can I buy a second hand unit and simply program my data?

Thanks

yellowstilo
7th July, 2015, 03:18 PM
i never tried this, copying the eeprom contents will be no problem but i'm not sure if the rest of the mcu content is critical - you might give it a try when you can find a identical body computer....

Autowave
7th July, 2015, 06:21 PM
I'll give it a go and see! Thanks

drz
7th July, 2015, 08:36 PM
It will work. I did it on alfa 147, this is the same bsi.

Autowave
21st July, 2015, 11:21 AM
Great I will give it a go and report

Bllinda
21st July, 2015, 12:40 PM
Pin maybe still is ECU ....
and BSI would help to damp virgin

yellowstilo
21st July, 2015, 02:14 PM
he already has the correct pin + BSI dump - he broke the reset pin because the eeprom file starts with FF FF until line 400 that's why he tried another reading method while the file was ok....

stevan
21st July, 2015, 09:13 PM
it will work,just found body with same mask and ckone eep,if not work write flash too.body must be same variant. (4,2door,van,limusine.....)

Sent from my Tesla TTL7 using Tapatalk

Autowave
25th August, 2015, 06:10 PM
Thank you all gents, dumped the eeprom contents with UPA and it worked fine. Input appreciated