PDA

View Full Version : Merc W207 DTC's after DPF teach in

davecooper47
7th July, 2015, 03:53 PM
I did mileage correction on 2010 Mercedes W207 250 CDI today. I did teach in of DPF when I finished and then cleared fault codes but now I'm getting "teach in of operating parameters for cylinder 1 has a malfunction" and the same for the other cylinders. I clear all fault codes but they keep coming back. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Photograph of laptop screen attached, Thanks. Dave.

mercis
7th July, 2015, 04:04 PM
i think you must injektor new coding

davecooper47
7th July, 2015, 04:27 PM
I've been told that the injectors don't need coding on that car!!

davecooper47
2nd September, 2015, 08:46 PM
Has anyone any updated info on this? I did another 2010 Mercedes today. This time a W204 C250 and I have exactly the same problem after teaching in new DPF. I am beginning to think that some mercs do not need dpf teaching after mileage correction and that if you do a teach in when it doesn't need it, it causes this problem.

My last customer with this problem went to his mate's local garage and got him to turn the EML light off and it never came back. I did the car again recently and the cylinder errors weren't there either. I'm sure the local garage doesn't have star/xentry so what did he do with his standard diagnostic kit (snap on most probably) to cure it??

diagtech
2nd September, 2015, 09:32 PM
I use autocom on mercs just use reset particulate filter never had any probs after doing that

davecooper47
2nd September, 2015, 10:23 PM
I've used it as well but unfortunately 2014.2.2 has taken away the function on many mercs. I will be backtracking to 2013 soon. Still doesn't help with my problem though. Maybe teaching in a DPF with Xentry when it doesn't need it has caused this. I need to find a way to revert to reset it to it's previous state I think. I wonder if Mercs have a system restore :),

simon kimm
19th May, 2016, 08:10 PM
hi.. i just had the exact same problem with my 2010 250 cdi.. mileage correction and then engine problems. can anyone help fix this.. thanks. Simon