PDA

View Full Version : 99 Chevy suburban

Freebsd
9th July, 2015, 01:44 AM
If anyone has the immo off or a virgin file ,,, I think its locked up . I tried to put a new module by switch and nothing , I even cut the yellow and orange black wire and put a 1 k resistor ,, and tried the 10 minutes x 3 and it never turns off the security ,,, so I'm feeling it's somthing I'm hoping I can flash the pats module or somthing any help please ...

clusters
9th July, 2015, 02:07 AM
1K is questionable on those and I have had problems with that low a resistance. I use a 2200 Ohm resistor because it falls in the middle of the resistance range. I usually unplug the passlock sensor harness and cut the sensor side of the harness so I can solder on the bench, then plug it back in.

The ten minute thing is not fixed, leave the ignition on for at least 15 minutes or more, and if the light never goes out there is a problem. In that case you might want to verify the wiring from the passlock sensor to the Passlock module behind the ashtray.

Just to be clear on the procedure:

Ignition ON, try to start it and release the key. Leave on till the light goes out.
Ignition OFF for a few seconds, ignition ON, try to start it and release the key. Leave on till the light goes out.
Ignition OFF for a few seconds, ignition ON, try to start it and release the key. Leave on till the light goes out.
Ignition OFF for a few seconds, start the engine.

The Passlock is learned in the last OFF to Start cycle.

Any codes showing up? You can also put in a used passlock module if need be.

Hope this helps