PDA

View Full Version : bmw x5 radi stays on when key removed and vehicle locked

grezacediagnostics
29th July, 2009, 01:44 PM
2001 bmw x5 radio will stay on, with key removed and vehicle locked, checked ignition switch and underrun relay in boot both ok any ideas. thanks in advance. checked codes with inpa in radio there are none.:bike:

teerak2uk
30th July, 2009, 10:04 AM
Has it had any aftermarket bits installed recently and also does it have tv in motion fitted

grezacediagnostics
30th July, 2009, 11:11 AM
no aftermarket things fitted, no tv in motion just standard radio cassette and cd in boot, i reset service inspection light, cleared codes in zke, and radio started switching on and off by ignition, dont know why lets see if carries on operating properly:giveup:

teerak2uk
30th July, 2009, 11:15 AM
Hmm strange one has it started since the lovely weather we`ve been havin recently has it?

kingvero
30th July, 2009, 01:21 PM
no aftermarket things fitted, no tv in motion just standard radio cassette and cd in boot, i reset service inspection light, cleared codes in zke, and radio started switching on and off by ignition, dont know why lets see if carries on operating properly:giveup:

Hi.

Have you hade the car adjusted.? the KM stand.?
regards
King

grezacediagnostics
30th July, 2009, 02:55 PM
Dont think so, customer may of had why

MrMike
31st July, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hey mate i have had a similar problem before where it was the micro switch on the ignition barrel to detect if the key is inserted or not.....will play havoc with a few things.

Hope you get it sorted.

grezacediagnostics
31st July, 2009, 02:31 PM
Checked that my friend car hasnt come back so must still be working:proud::proud:

verosltd
1st August, 2009, 03:02 PM
Dont think so, customer may of had why
hi , do you still have any operating software cd's for testbook t4?