PDA

View Full Version : Vw edc17 c46 obd

javyb
21st July, 2015, 10:29 PM
Has anyone managed to write the following ecu by obd using chins kess v2 fw 4.036 tgat has been reworked. Using a original file from alien tech

gentiabazi
21st July, 2015, 11:02 PM
Mine gives Failed to prepare rolling code.

wiski
22nd July, 2015, 08:17 AM
Has anyone managed to write the following ecu by obd using chins kess v2 fw 4.036 tgat has been reworked. Using a original file from alien tech
Yes it writes without issues. But still don't get so confident with VR. Better boot it up than you can do it by obd . Stay on safe side. Thats why mpps ori will not offer VR as it is always rullet. Many other ori tool have problems with VR as they don't match.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

gezame
26th July, 2015, 08:13 PM
Yes it writes without issues. But still don't get so confident with VR. Better boot it up than you can do it by obd . Stay on safe side. Thats why mpps ori will not offer VR as it is always rullet. Many other ori tool have problems with VR as they don't match.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hi
yes, totally agree

J_amb_o
26th July, 2015, 08:49 PM
Done maybe 50 with CMD VR and never an issue

mbtun
27th July, 2015, 11:05 PM
that's why you pay a LOT more money in the first place :) because it's working.
mpps has no anual subscription :)

chriskross
28th July, 2015, 05:17 PM
X17 makes no vr it really can read it i hope cmd will ad this too

gezame
28th July, 2015, 08:22 PM
X17 makes no vr it really can read it i hope cmd will ad this too

Hi
No rigth friend.
X17, write new file in ecu directy to magicmotorsport server (VR), but you not can save the file in computer.
Then, you can read write the ecu, but only partial file.

gezame
28th July, 2015, 08:23 PM
Done maybe 50 with CMD VR and never an issue

Hi
you are a lucky man.:burnout:

chriskross
28th July, 2015, 08:43 PM
Hi
you are a lucky man.:burnout:
You made other experience m8 ?

LaraVAG
29th July, 2015, 07:47 AM
X17 and original Galletto can do VR

javyb
6th August, 2015, 06:05 PM
If tool fails whilst writing obd to edc17 c46 ecu will it be recoverable in boot mode or will it be new ecu job?

gezame
7th August, 2015, 12:04 AM
If tool fails whilst writing obd to edc17 c46 ecu will it be recoverable in boot mode or will it be new ecu job?

Hi
Problem not fail in writing, problem is bad file VR.
Ecu will it be recoverable in boot mode, but you need the correct file.

gezame
7th August, 2015, 12:05 AM
You made other experience m8 ?
Hi
yes friend, i have bad experience with cmd and virtual reads for edc17.

javyb
7th August, 2015, 12:10 AM
Hi
Problem not fail in writing, problem is bad file VR.
Ecu will it be recoverable in boot mode, but you need the correct file.
Even if I get original file from alien tech?

mbtun
7th August, 2015, 05:52 AM
How the hell you will get the original file from Alientech if you are using a clone? 4.036 reworked is not original tool you know? :P
I don't understand why there is so much fuss about it. Just open the ECU mate. Read in boot mode, be safe, and enjoy your work. There is no real need for headache when you brick the ecu and you have no file to flash back. If you really want to try OBD no problem, read in BOOT mode, make full backup of ECU and after try whatever you want.

javyb
7th August, 2015, 06:01 AM
How the hell you will get the original file from Alientech if you are using a clone? 4.036 reworked is not original tool you know? [emoji14]
I don't understand why there is so much fuss about it. Just open the ECU mate. Read in boot mode, be safe, and enjoy your work. There is no real need for headache when you brick the ecu and you have no file to flash back. If you really want to try OBD no problem, read in BOOT mode, make full backup of ECU and after try whatever you want.
I can get original file because my mate has original ecm titanium and original kess v2 so file isn't a problem.

"4.036 reworked is not original tool you know?" Do you think your talking yo a child? Go speak to your kids like that. If you cannot answer the question then don't go writing nonsense.

mbtun
7th August, 2015, 06:38 AM
Everybody here is advising you that it is safer to open the ECU and read in BOOT mode. If you think you know them all why do you bother to ask here anyway?

javyb
7th August, 2015, 05:10 PM
Everybody here is advising you that it is safer to open the ECU and read in BOOT mode. If you think you know them all why do you bother to ask here anyway?
I was asking opinions. But will do in boot mode

ECUsEngineer
7th August, 2015, 07:51 PM
Hi
yes friend, i have bad experience with cmd and virtual reads for edc17.

It is strange friend.

I with original equiment always succesfull!!

javyb
8th August, 2015, 12:04 AM
Trad it in boot mode read it fine but getting boot error when writing on boot mode