PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Grand Vitara 1.9DDiS edc16C3 P0638 dtc off and limp mode

atd
25th July, 2015, 09:50 AM
Hello. Patient Suzuki grand vitara 1.9ddis edc16c3 0281015322.
Car was in limp mode, one dtc stored in ecu P0638 - throttle position actuator.
I switched off this dtc, after that no errors but car is still in limp mode.
Anybody has experience with that situation?
I read that I have to edit limp mode torque limiters.
What will be with boost regulation valve N75 after that operation? Now it doesn't move the bar.

Can I get any advice or help with switching off this swirl flap?
Thank you all for interest.
Regards

CustomCars
25th July, 2015, 12:39 PM
Sure we experience, and solution is easy,
Don't DTC off for throttle actuator ;) This is not EGR, actuator needed work, sure can remove limp mode for it but this is not solution to repair car problem..

teamtuner
25th July, 2015, 01:07 PM
Don't DTC off for throttle actuator ;) This is not EGR, actuator needed work, sure can remove limp mode for it but this is not solution to repair car problem..
good english used mate...i hope to understand all members this...tuning is not for reppair cars...is for more performances

morgano
25th July, 2015, 01:10 PM
Nah! :) is better and cheaper try to hide the problem than spend some bucks in get the spares and repair ;)

boomeer
25th July, 2015, 04:35 PM
here you go mate
pass pm

atd
25th July, 2015, 08:46 PM
I will try boomer file. Owner decided to delete problematic element from car. Many people have problems with flaps in 1.9ddis, you have to make adaptation with tech2, used flap could also be not as good as new one ( not so cheap ).

boomeer
26th July, 2015, 01:24 AM
Don't DTC off for throttle actuator ;) This is not EGR, actuator needed work, sure can remove limp mode for it but this is not solution to repair car problem.. please tell us for what in diesel engine throttle is so much needed?

VegaWorks
26th July, 2015, 03:07 AM
Check that has not gone water in the throttle actuator, Suzuki has introduced a cover for this component, the OEM Code is 13471-67J00-000.

Sorry for my bad English *_*!

atd
27th July, 2015, 11:50 AM
Problem solved, car runs fine, thanks all for input. Big thanks to boomer.

CustomCars
28th July, 2015, 09:40 AM
@boomeer Yes is needed for diesel too. One of all function is protect engine.

Swirl no needed, but throttle is quite another story

boomeer
28th July, 2015, 10:26 AM
Yes his need to stop engine ..... and that all or better say his helps stop engine when engine don't want stop

amrif
23rd August, 2016, 08:23 PM
please tell us for what in diesel engine throttle is so much needed?

Throttle is an essential part of a safe car.
If the engine goes into so-called "runaway", that is, it suddenly gains insane amount of revolutions per minute, the throttle won't stop it (because you turned it off permanently). If your car uses automatic transmission, without the throttle you have literally no way of stopping it. Except for, maybe, blocking the air intake, but it's highly possible that you won't manage to do that in time. If you have a manual gearbox you can try setting your highest gear, then pressing the brake and releasing the clutch, such action may stop the engine as well.

If you don't stop the engine runaway in time it will most likely blow up your engine.

Visit this site if you want to learn more about engine runaway:
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/9liEWT/

kazikk
7th September, 2016, 04:24 PM
here you go mate
pass pm

can you remove limb mode for me.

boomeer
7th September, 2016, 05:40 PM
can you remove limb mode for me.

here you go pass pm

dimitar
7th September, 2016, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=amrif;2834022]Throttle is an essential part of a safe car.
If the engine goes into so-called "runaway", that is, it suddenly gains insane amount of revolutions per minute, the throttle won't stop it (because you turned it off permanently). If your car uses automatic transmission, without the throttle you have literally no way of stopping it. Except for, maybe, blocking the air intake, but it's highly possible that you won't manage to do that in time. If you have a manual gearbox you can try setting your highest gear, then pressing the brake and releasing the clutch, such action may stop the engine as well.

Nice write up mate but throttle wont save you if you shift wrong gear
or if turbo blows and fills the engine with oil

The first aplication of the throttle was a anti judder valve
Lately became a part of the regeneration process , now a safety valve.....
It was always a part of conspiracy for automotive companies making money........

babeliak
15th October, 2016, 11:41 PM
Hi, what are these .zip files about? can you re-program ECU to ignore throttle body? I also have permanent light on and error code P0638 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/480250-Suzuki-Grand-Vitara-1-9DDiS-edc16C3-P0638-dtc-off-and-limp-mode/page2) + power loss (feels like NO turbo).
I am looking for the cause of the problem. Another code is P0089 - diesel pressure regulator - funktion / circuit malfunction - low pressure?

mihaiservice
16th October, 2016, 09:04 AM
Hi
throttle valve actuator can be disable in file but for dtc P0089 wich are related to "rail pressure to low" you have to check injectors for leak !

babeliak
16th October, 2016, 09:21 AM
Thank you for reply. I will check for any leakage today. As a newbie I do not know how to disable anything or flash files. Could anyone point me to know-how articles or wiki? Thnx a lot.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

babeliak
16th October, 2016, 09:32 AM
Do you know any member/garage from Frankfurt area in Germany?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

biagio4984
20th December, 2016, 05:14 PM
please remove limp mode and p0638. throttle actuator. thanks in advance. file in attachment.

torquepro
12th August, 2018, 08:25 AM
Pass please.For file with dtc off P0638.Thanks Boomeer.

Cathalo
10th February, 2019, 08:21 AM
Hi, these .zip files can re-program ECU to ignore throttle body, is replacing the throttle body also a solution?

jkubp
20th July, 2021, 07:58 PM
heloo, please password, a have the same problem, thank you

isoocelik
22nd April, 2022, 09:37 AM
Merhaba. Hasta Suzuki grand vitara 1.9ddis edc16c3 0281015322.
Araba arıza modundaydı, bir dtc ecu P0638 - gaz kelebeği konum ayar elemanında saklandı.
Bu dtc'yi kapattım, bundan sonra hata yok ama araba hala gevşek modda.
Bu durumla ilgili tecrübesi olan var mı?
Gevşek mod tork sınırlayıcılarını düzenlemem gerektiğini okudum.
Bu işlemden sonra takviye regülasyon valfi N75 ile ne olacak? Şimdi çubuğu hareket ettirmiyor.

Bu girdap kanadını kapatmak için herhangi bir tavsiye veya yardım alabilir miyim?
İlginiz için hepinize teşekkür ederim.
Saygılar
can you help me solve this problem

isoocelik
22nd April, 2022, 09:39 AM
can you help me solve this problem