PDA

View Full Version : Help - R4 copy sav issue not fixed by tutorial

Sweeny
30th July, 2009, 02:59 PM
New R4 user stuck looking for help
Had an R4 revoloution - 2gb micro sd
bought an R4 Upgrade with sdhc so i could use a 4gb
copied all files accross and the sav files it now says it can't access the sav file and requires reset ????:giveup:
Tried the tutorial and same error -

savfile not founded!

Sweeny
30th July, 2009, 03:03 PM
Really help - I have now just discovered it is all games on the card the ones that didn't have a sav file - says it is creating one then same error as above and after reset....

nice new card and useless?????????????????

ManofScience
30th July, 2009, 06:20 PM
did u format it first?

also, what version of the R4 software u using? i'd do a nice fresh install. get the latest from here (1.24 i think) then just copy the games across. or just copy 1 and it's save file to test it

Sweeny
30th July, 2009, 07:09 PM
1.09 eng from a site that seems to be the only ones that actually work as in they come up on the screen working menu wise. But of course a soon as you try a load a game error...

I am trying as we speek to format the sd as it was pre-formatted when i got it.

Software I have tried at least 15 versions from multiple sites and tried a tutorial fix from this forum but no joy was had there either.

Will try just one game to save time ?

Sweeny
30th July, 2009, 07:10 PM
think i tried the 1.24 on the card got a white screen just saying menu in red.

Sweeny
30th July, 2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks ManofScience - the format was the issue - for others I had bought a Sandisk 4gb preformatted

I reformatted the card using windows vista (Not that it matters) I formatted it as FAT32 at 32 kilobytes unit size ( TOOK ages)

copied the files back accross and a couple of games - and hey presto the games worked and the copied over sav games - yee haa
Hope it might help others:proud:

ManofScience
31st July, 2009, 02:03 PM
good job on posting back what fixed it - hopefully it'll help someone else!