PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox DM500-S

rihat
29th June, 2008, 05:01 AM
I am very new to satellite tv. I have a dreambox DM 500-S receiver. I have no problem watching channels but there are lots of channels I want to delete and move the channels together, the ones I want to watch. I am having difficulty doing this. Can the forum members help me. Is there a forum member in Australia who I can contact by phone at my expense to get help.

satman
29th June, 2008, 03:52 PM
I am very new to satellite tv. I have a dreambox DM 500-S receiver. I have no problem watching channels but there are lots of channels I want to delete and move the channels together, the ones I want to watch. I am having difficulty doing this. Can the forum members help me. Is there a forum member in Australia who I can contact by phone at my expense to get help.

Use dremabox edit software to easily do this from your pc,,,,
then on box to stop channels coming back go into menu>setup>expert setup and look for enable service updates and untick it

SpiderPig
29th June, 2008, 09:20 PM
You could always go the other way and just create your own "Bouquet" and put the chanels that you want to put into it.

I do this for general family use and then just either delete the rest via the menu button or make them fall under the pin-code block out system.

The kids then can surf safely!!!

You could also look for a program named dreamboxedit.
It a great tool to manage all of the channels etc on your pc instead of doing it with the remote control.

If you need anymore info/help then send me a PM.

JB7
20th July, 2008, 05:11 PM
dbedit 3.0.6 will do the trick

robbieb43
21st July, 2008, 12:43 PM
I have found Dreamset more stable and personally think it's User Interface is a bit more intuative.

R

lossiemouth777
23rd July, 2008, 05:26 PM
i'll try to download 500s image and see if it works
many thanks

hasan2004
23rd July, 2008, 05:46 PM
i'll try to download 500s image and see if it works
many thanks

gemini 4.41 killed my dm500s it says clone but ?no

Stolla
24th July, 2008, 08:09 PM