PDA

View Full Version : MERCEDES MESS UP

hass42
30th July, 2015, 07:43 PM
Ok, this shall be my final post on this, I am sorry for all confusions before.

I needed to change ,iles on 2006 ml350 I try to use fvdi and says cant do this vehicle.
I put a different ML cluster into vehicle and FVDI was able to do miles but now have CAN issues.
I find out from many experienced members in DK that it wasn't able to do with first cluster due to EIS has motorola chip.

So now, even if I put original cluster into vehicle cluster still has no communication from many modules.

I have replaced both EIS and Gateway modules at dealer and problem never changed.
I was thinking FVDI had done CAN blocker either in EIS or Gateway but it was not due to me changing them to factory orignal and same problem.
I didnt change anything in orignal cluster and problem still there.
I was told that maybe problem in SAM module can this be the issue?

My main question is and should be, Does anyone know how to reverse FVDI can blocker? If so please help.

Again sorry for multiple posts / I am really stuck with this and need the help

autodigitec
30th July, 2015, 10:58 PM
cluster still has no communication from many modules.

Can you explain this?
-Post all your DTCs.
-Mileage shows in dashboard?
-Diagnose dashboard, diagnose EZS, compare mileage in both modules. Is it the same?

I think SAM is only flashed in more recent models but I'm not 100% sure what fvdi does in this model, maybe others know.

hass42
31st July, 2015, 03:56 PM
B1100 INSTURMENT CLUSTER NO LONGER TRANSMISTS OVER ENGINE CAN BUS.
STATUS 'CAN OFF'

B110F CONTROL MODULE CGW IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

B110D ISM IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

B1101 ESP IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

B1102 ENGINE CONTROL MODULE IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

B1103 TRANSMISSION MODULE IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

B1105 VG IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

B1109 AIRBAG IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

B110E SCM IS NOT SENDING ANY DATA.

This is my codes, something is blocking all communication to ICM after FVDI did CAN blocker software to do miles. Which isnt supposed to happen in this type of EIS.

Can cluster be virginized?

FxShaw
31st July, 2015, 04:06 PM
Tried disconnect battery for a few min and reconnect it back? Clear all fault codes and events?

hass42
31st July, 2015, 04:12 PM
I did all that before I read the codes I just posted

Hass42

hass42
31st July, 2015, 06:56 PM
Replaced cluster with another and issue still there..... What could be blocking can to cluster? If EIS and CGW were replaced with new dealer items? and programmed by dealer....must be someone in DK that this has happened to and resolved it.

desperate for help

zoyzoyni
31st July, 2015, 07:52 PM
first you must try online scn in sam-cgw- and i suspect when dealer replace cgw make transfer from old to new module.but they are is option initial startup. and program according factory.maybe the foult was there?first you ask dealer and for scn too.

hass42
31st July, 2015, 07:56 PM
I have star, is their a option to program back to factory for cgw ?

Hass42

autodigitec
5th August, 2015, 02:38 AM
Yes, you can reflash CGW and configure it again with Star via Offline method (initial startup or unit adaptations or control unit programming). (it won't ask for SCN if it is the version I'm thinking about).
SAM-Front and IC can also be reflashed, but I think it will ask for SCN. (In some units it can be ignored)

The DTCs you posted are retrieved from which ecu? What errors other ecu's have? You could simply do a complete diagnostic with Start, click f8 (i think), print to file and post it here.

Can you post the first 6 digits of vin like 164.XXX? I'm almost sure 2006 is a ML model transition year, so I'm lost here trying to simulate diagnosis.

Fuses are all good?

Are you sure the problem was not present before the fvdi attempt was made?

If you replaced IC, EZS, CGW, only thing left would be SAM-F. But without proper diagnostic done I can't say anything else.

hass42
27th August, 2015, 01:21 PM
Thank you for your input.
Sorry for late response, I have been very busy.

Code are out of IC.
I have autologic and tried to reflash CGW with it and problem still exists. I have replaced front SAM with donor and still have same problem.
Doing CGW with star, I would go to initial setup - then where from there? Also when I go to offline flashing it doesnt seem to want to do anything.

I have checked CAN voltages at CAN distributor and no matter what I unplug, I cant get voltage to be correct.

This vehicle is more than a nightmare for me and if anyone has anything for me to try, no matter how little you think it'll help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if I post CGW flash and eeprom would that help?

hass42
2nd September, 2015, 12:50 PM
Ok, I have replaced front SAM in desperation and still no change. I can't believe this problem won't go away, I have replaced everything except rear sam. I don't see that being an issue?

If anyone can tell me if CGW Flash and Eeprom file would help if I posted here? Possibly when I reflash with Autologic it doesn't remove CAN blocker?

vageric
2nd September, 2015, 04:57 PM
Ok, I have replaced front SAM in desperation and still no change. I can't believe this problem won't go away, I have replaced everything except rear sam. I don't see that being an issue?

If anyone can tell me if CGW Flash and Eeprom file would help if I posted here? Possibly when I reflash with Autologic it doesn't remove CAN blocker?

in post #1 you stated that you have change CGW by dealer.
so why reflash CGW? if you al ready change it with a new one?

hass42
2nd September, 2015, 05:02 PM
Yes, but they read old first then put into new.... I watched it happen.

This is also necessary if I was to do with Autologic

Hass42

makz
2nd September, 2015, 05:05 PM

Hass42
No , you don't have to read first, if you use autologic. I did cople times

Отправлено с моего GT-I9505 через Tapatalk

vageric
2nd September, 2015, 05:11 PM

Hass42

the dealer have to hook it up to the computer and reflash it like new.
if you reflash it with same old software that is corrupt then better keep your money in pocket.

hass42
2nd September, 2015, 05:11 PM
Yes, cause I have done a used one with Autologic.
Also you have to create a file, send it to them and they resend file.

Hass42

hass42
2nd September, 2015, 05:15 PM
Then when I purchased a used CGW, from same vehicle, I plugged in and had same issue.

This truck is putting me in mental hospital... I swear I have never run into a problem where I couldn't trace down

Hass42