PDA

View Full Version : OpenBox V8S EPG (How to get 7 days EPG)

Yumraaj
1st August, 2015, 03:19 PM
Hi guys, is there a way of getting 7 days EPG working plus make it autoupdate as well on an OpenBox V8S please? I have googled it and am getting very confused so I thought I'll post and ask the experts here. Anything little or big information on how to get it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys.

amit chauhan
1st August, 2015, 03:40 PM
Hi guys, is there a way of getting 7 days EPG working plus make it autoupdate as well on an OpenBox V8S please? I have googled it and am getting very confused so I thought I'll post and ask the experts here. Anything little or big information on how to get it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys.

You will first need to make sure that you have latest firmware update for the box. you can get it from here http://www.skybox.cc/down.asp?id=18
Then you will need to go in to the menu and select EPG and time settings and press the red button to update the EPG

wxm14
9th August, 2015, 12:52 PM
Thank you guys very much.I tried last night and it didn't work.

I was going to ask 1 or 2 other questions today,but thought I would try and find where I had gone wrong first,and realised I had not put the abs file only onto my usb stick.

Just corrected that and im so happy that after 7 or 8 months I now have my 7 day epg guide working.

Great site with great members

lopez76
9th August, 2015, 07:49 PM
I have done the update, however some channels show the 7 day epg guide, whilst others show 'no information'. I have switched off the box but still having this issue. I take it the USB drive needs to be plugged in at all times for the epg to work correctly.
Any idea what I need to do in order to get this to work correctly.
Thanks

amit chauhan
9th August, 2015, 10:28 PM
I have done the update, however some channels show the 7 day epg guide, whilst others show 'no information'. I have switched off the box but still having this issue. I take it the USB drive needs to be plugged in at all times for the epg to work correctly.
Any idea what I need to do in order to get this to work correctly.
Thanks

This a known fault with some channel not showing the information but will start to show after 24 hours. You will need to keep the USB drive plugged in at all times for the EPG to work.

lopez76
11th August, 2015, 12:47 AM
This a known fault with some channel not showing the information but will start to show after 24 hours. You will need to keep the USB drive plugged in at all times for the EPG to work.

Thanks for your quick reply. The channels were showing the correct info via the 7 day EPG however when switching the box into standby mode, the EPG started to update as 'epg' was displayed on the box. After the update completed some channels were again showing 'no information' I guess will have to live with this issue until this can be resolved.
Regards