PDA

View Full Version : Can Mods Help Me?

bardock
31st July, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hey guys I have a quick question.

Can you please instruct me on how to add the "Here are the similar threads we found" to my forum or is it a guarded secret?

krazylegz
31st July, 2009, 05:49 PM
what do you mean mate??

forntida
1st August, 2009, 07:56 AM
what do you mean mate??

I think he/she means the Forum facility that informs you when posting a new thread of all similar threads already posted. He/she wants to add this facility into their own Forum.

aftermath
1st August, 2009, 08:10 AM
Hey guys I have a quick question.

Can you please instruct me on how to add the "Here are the similar threads we found" to my forum or is it a guarded secret?

You have your own forum ?

contact your web server host and ask if they have that as a plugin available for your Forum, its not a secret just an extra plugin for vBulletin, not sure if all versions will have it working though.

Thats if that is what you mean. ?

Devilfish
1st August, 2009, 11:58 AM
Is this what you are looking for...

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201651

.: JaCkPoT :.
1st August, 2009, 02:12 PM
Is this what you are looking for...

[Ajax] Check for similar thread before posting a new one - vBulletin.org Forum (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201651)

il keep an eye on that too..lol

bardock
1st August, 2009, 06:12 PM
You have your own forum ?

contact your web server host and ask if they have that as a plugin available for your Forum, its not a secret just an extra plugin for vBulletin, not sure if all versions will have it working though.

Thats if that is what you mean. ?

Thank you forntida for explaining it to admin in my absence, and another thank you to admin it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Greetland
22nd August, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Folks,
I am very new here, and have been reading some good posts. The question I have is "how do you thank some one" I have looked every where. I know its there jumping out and screaming.

smoggy
22nd August, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hi and welcome to DK

there are 3 buttons at the bottom of all posts POST REPLY - QUOTE - THANKS pressing the thanks button will thank whoever wrote the post

Greetland
22nd August, 2009, 01:47 PM
Many thanks

cgscott
22nd August, 2009, 02:04 PM
il keep an eye on that too..lol

You thinking of starting up a site mate?

Make sure its secure...;)

.: JaCkPoT :.
22nd August, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah your funny!