PDA

View Full Version : firmware 2.40 comeing soon

dazza78
30th June, 2008, 11:31 AM
sneak peek here check it out looks good
cant wait
PlayStation.Blog Firmware (v.2.40) Walkthrough Part 1: the XMB (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/29/firmware-v240-walkthrough-part-1-the-xmb/)
dazza

sorceror
30th June, 2008, 01:17 PM
Can't wait for this update, Playstation Network is currently a poor second to Xbox Live. Hope they sort out Voice Chat, some online games don't even come with this feature!

C64
30th June, 2008, 07:30 PM
Was suprised to see that the PS3 didn't already support in-game personal audio support.

The Trophies will be nice, I love the Achievements on the 360.

violentj
1st July, 2008, 12:55 AM
lol i was hoping this would be a GOOd update,but after just reading the faq on the sony blog it still doesnt have a patch on live and the blades interface

im sick of waiting for sony to catch up,im sick to death of having to listen to the so called music the devs choose to put in games(avirl levin in burnout 5,cmon criterion seriously)

it just seems every firmware update there introducing something else minor that when it eventually gets to v.7.23 it will be on par with live as it is now and live will have evolved into something else-and where the **** is home,that looked pretty cool and interesting

i was starting to have high hopes for the ps3,some games trickling out starting to show some genuine potential in the ps3
but sony just cant seem to get there act together,1 game that actually uses the capacity of bluray-film on bd overpriced

but i give up on sony now,blurays aint no better than a good wmvhd rip
hd dvd is much better than bd(even tho it is dead now)
i admit avchd is much better than wmvhd(and as far as i can see)blu ray its self

but ~~~~ it,im flogging mine,off to get a nice shiny laptop with the procedes,and a boat-load of blank dual layer verbs-should keep me going till xbox 1080 or ps4

:eek::eek::eek: (")
lol could you imagine how much rambling id do if i drank

dazza78
1st July, 2008, 06:30 PM
QUOTE; could you imagine how much rambling id do if i drank

bloody hell just abit lol
u obviously dont like the ps3
everyone to their own your either xbox or ps3

but hey u keep paying to play on live m8 lol

lmao
dazza
:guns:

violentj
2nd July, 2008, 12:56 AM

but hey u keep paying to play on live m8 lol

lmao
dazza
:guns:

yeah and i dont mind paying for it if this is the alternative,n it aint that i dont like the machine-but sony taking the piss

ill bet you once the psn is at least on par with live sony will start charging u

Raven
2nd July, 2008, 04:31 PM
To be honest I couldn't care less about online play since it's not something I tend to do, I have a PS3 now with free online gaming and I still haven't hooked it up for a game online yet lol. But I do agree though that once the PSN reaches a certain level of quality they will start charging people to play their games online. Probably when or indeed if Home gets released. No matter how much premium content they add to that thing I still cannot see them keeping it totally free at a bare bones basic level like it is now.

As for the console system navigation and what not, the PS3 is not the Xbox360. End of story. However I don't think that the PS3 style menu navigation is too dissimilar to the Xbox 360's - just that there seems to me more stuff to the PS3 menus. But it has to be said that the Xbox 360 menu navigation setup is less cumbersome and more effective.

The other guy hit the nail on the head when he said you are either PS3 or 360. At the moment it is true because either console's strengths and weaknesses is the opposite for the other console.

That last part probably didn't make much sense but I tried to word is as best I could lol.

thommo
2nd July, 2008, 04:34 PM
yeah and i dont mind paying for it if this is the alternative,n it aint that i dont like the machine-but sony taking the piss

ill bet you once the psn is at least on par with live sony will start charging u

COUGH SPLUTTER COUGH CHOKE!!!! wink wink lol.