PDA

View Full Version : w220 dash, wheres the eeprom?

gtmech
21st August, 2015, 12:14 PM
after replacing the EIS on this 2001 Mercedes W220 S500 the mileage now reads ----- on the dash. Im guessing its because the das and EIS have different mileage values, ok thats fine but where is the eeprom located in this dash? any help greatful

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=327491&stc=1http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=327492&stc=1http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=327493&stc=1

cdex
21st August, 2015, 12:22 PM
It's different ssid
TapaTalk for Windows phone.

dave11674
21st August, 2015, 12:28 PM
did you code in the new EIS
or marry the ESL to the new EIS ???

dave

dave11674
21st August, 2015, 12:28 PM
but eeprom is on the other side of the board i believe

gtmech
21st August, 2015, 01:08 PM
did you code in the new EIS
or marry the ESL to the new EIS ???

dave

there is no ESL on W220. I virginised ECU and adapted used EIS. i dont see eeprom on other side either

gtmech
21st August, 2015, 01:12 PM
what mate?

raf0468
21st August, 2015, 03:41 PM
you have to remove top pcb and its in between the boards..
you have to remove screws,ribbons,bulbs, maybe centre lcd ..temp rev and fuel needles, speedo needle stays..been a while since done one..
ribbons come off bottom side of connector..
0 miles in eeprom and adapt with star..

gtmech
22nd August, 2015, 09:37 AM
you have to remove top pcb and its in between the boards..
you have to remove screws,ribbons,bulbs, maybe centre lcd ..temp rev and fuel needles, speedo needle stays..been a while since done one..
ribbons come off bottom side of connector..
0 miles in eeprom and adapt with star..

thanks mate, problem i have is the correct mileage is in dash, its the EIS where the incorrect mileage is. Do you know how to copy mileage reading from dash and write into the EIS?

vageric
22nd August, 2015, 10:03 AM
you have to write (program) mileage in eis.

raf0468
22nd August, 2015, 10:42 AM
you need programmer that support 9s12 (r260)secured ..
and as our friend mention above program me original miles in esi and 0 dash and adapt..

gtmech
23rd August, 2015, 08:02 AM
and as our friend mention above program me original miles in esi and 0 dash and adapt..

yip i know how to read the EIS but i dont know where the mileage is located in the EIS or the Algo for it

teerak2uk
23rd August, 2015, 08:59 AM
yip i know how to read the EIS but i dont know where the mileage is located in the EIS or the Algo for it
Use R260 like mentioned

gtmech
23rd August, 2015, 11:21 AM
Use R260 like mentioned

R260 will write the mileage in EIS?

raf0468
23rd August, 2015, 05:29 PM
r260 will read and calulate and write back..

hcip
24th August, 2015, 01:12 PM
if your problem is just to show mileage, do it with any mileage tool like Digi wigi, adjust the mileage via diagnostic and it will show mileage when the sync between EIS and Dash was block,

hcip
24th August, 2015, 01:19 PM
thanks mate, problem i have is the correct mileage is in dash, its the EIS where the incorrect mileage is. Do you know how to copy mileage reading from dash and write into the EIS?

I think the problem in not about the mileage, its about the Vin of EIS and Dash,
Program the your Dash in 0 mile and sync it with star under development Data option,

gtmech
5th September, 2015, 02:52 AM
if your problem is just to show mileage, do it with any mileage tool like Digi wigi, adjust the mileage via diagnostic and it will show mileage when the sync between EIS and Dash was block,

i dont have any mileage tool, i dont work with that stuff if i can avoid it.

gtmech
5th September, 2015, 03:01 AM

ok heres the dash 24c04 eeprom. Anyone know how to 0 the mileage in the EEPROM of dash? Also what is the mileage in the dash now as the EIS has incorrect mileage so i dont know what the correct mileage should be either but the dash hasnt been chagned so it should be in here right? And after mileage is 0 in dash i just load the EIS dump into the R270 then enter the correct mileage and it will create a new file to write back to the EIS right? I need to get this R270 tool as i dont have that yet either but thats the easy part. If someone could kindly 0 this for me it would be greatfully appreciated, thanks

zckariya70
5th September, 2015, 07:36 AM
Here i have change ur dump to 0 and ur orginal mileage was 125024

gtmech
5th September, 2015, 09:11 AM
Here i have change ur dump to 0 and ur orginal mileage was 125024

thanks alot mate, appreciate it alot. I have borrowed a R270 from a friend but only problem is is doesnt support the 1D69J Mask of the EIS. What do i do next to fix this problem? STAR cant help with this im guessinng :(

tehnosoftex
5th September, 2015, 11:01 AM
You don't have mileage in this eis. May be the VIN of the car is in there, then you must try to 0 the dash, adapt with star and after that change the muleage with star to what you need. When you zero the dash, the star will think that your dash is new and let you adapt with the car

raf0468
5th September, 2015, 11:03 AM
w220 before 2000 dont have mileage eis after 2000 dash and eis..

gtmech
5th September, 2015, 01:12 PM
w220 before 2000 dont have mileage eis after 2000 dash and eis..

yeh so this car is 2001 so mileage is in EIS then?

gtmech
5th September, 2015, 01:17 PM
You don't have mileage in this eis. May be the VIN of the car is in there, then you must try to 0 the dash, adapt with star and after that change the muleage with star to what you need. When you zero the dash, the star will think that your dash is new and let you adapt with the car

ok thanks, so ill use the 0 mileage dump from
zckariya70 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/405360-zckariya70) then and adapt with STAR. Is the adaptation menu easy to find, just go under Instruments/Adaptations etc... ?

tehnosoftex
6th September, 2015, 08:26 AM
I don't recall very good but it must be something like adapt drive autorisation under instruments/adaptation menu

TULGEYWOODMAN
6th September, 2015, 09:21 AM
Post#2 may be the answer to your problem

gtmech
8th September, 2015, 05:57 AM
I don't recall very good but it must be something like adapt drive autorisation under instruments/adaptation menu

thats ok I found it, the file worked well and everything but the problem still exsists, mileage still displays ------

hcip I cannot find the development Data option, where is that loacted? I guess I would need to '0' the dash again though right as its to late now I have adapted it?

This car is driving me mad, all i did was replace the Engine ECU and EIS and then resynch to the ESM. I could be wrong but I think the car may have had this dash problem displaying the ------ when it first came in but cant remember for sure.

gtmech
8th September, 2015, 12:10 PM
Post#2 may be the answer to your problem

how to fix this if it is the problem?

benzstop
13th September, 2015, 01:04 AM
need to zero dash and readapt

gtmech
30th September, 2015, 02:58 AM
got another dash for this car, '0' it and readapt and problem gone but now have a new problem. It now displays "PRE-SAVE INACTIVE" all the time, anyone know how to get rid of the message? If you press the reset button on dash it goes away but then comes back the next time you start the car?

vageric
30th September, 2015, 06:45 AM
got another dash for this car, '0' it and readapt and problem gone but now have a new problem. It now displays "PRE-SAVE INACTIVE" all the time, anyone know how to get rid of the message? If you press the reset button on dash it goes away but then comes back the next time you start the car?

try to turn the wheels full left and full right and see if messeage will go out.

gtmech
1st October, 2015, 12:50 AM
try to turn the wheels full left and full right and see if messeage will go out.

yeh ive tried that many times, the message just wont go away

vageric
1st October, 2015, 06:36 AM
try to drive the car and turn wheels left to right.
had one car also with this and after drive the car for like 1km problem was gone!

gtmech
3rd October, 2015, 11:21 AM
try to drive the car and turn wheels left to right.
had one car also with this and after drive the car for like 1km problem was gone!

tried that, still same problem, maybe secondhand dash is faulty because old dash never had this problem?

benzstop
5th October, 2015, 02:23 AM
what year is the car? presafe after 2003, if car is earlier then you need to change the coding in the cluster. change modification year, and also code presafe to not present

gtmech
5th October, 2015, 06:39 AM
what year is the car? presafe after 2003, if car is earlier then you need to change the coding in the cluster. change modification year, and also code presafe to not present

its a 2001 mate. How to change the coding, just use STAR through OBD will work ok?

benzstop
6th October, 2015, 12:34 AM
yes, go to icm,control unit adaptation,all codes then do coding. pay particular attention to modification year and also set presafe to not present

djamelze
6th October, 2015, 03:05 AM
if you have AVDI or FVDI . u will fix it in 5 mint
just go to change km and put your old km .its will work

gtmech
7th October, 2015, 12:21 AM
yes, go to icm,control unit adaptation,all codes then do coding. pay particular attention to modification year and also set presafe to not present

thanks benzstop, worked a charm, problem gone, thanks for helping. FYI the modification year was not important, just set the PRE-SAFE to not present and it was all done