PDA

View Full Version : CarProTool Infineon XC2361A-56F Connection Problem

ykizak
21st August, 2015, 02:37 PM
Hi all

I just bought myself a CPT with Infineon JTAG activation. I have been trying to connect a ford fiesta
C1BT-14B321-FE with Infineon XC2361A-56F since the morning. I have confirmed that i am using the right pcb diagram.
Which i uploaded i checked the connections everything. Yet i keep getting "JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones" error message.
So has anyone experienced this problem and is there anyone who can suggest what i can do?

Kind regards

FxShaw
21st August, 2015, 04:37 PM
But I see the ground wire is off? why not bother the guy who you bought it from?

amlgarA
21st August, 2015, 05:05 PM
this is a original picture FROM ETL, Infineon, I know because I purchased from ETL before CTP add it, why this guy don't make they own picture, they make UNIQUE not a CLONER.. its easy take picture and write connections them easy....

ykizak
21st August, 2015, 08:48 PM
But I see the ground wire is off? why not bother the guy who you bought it from?

Okay, firstly i did not know that i needed an external power supply to work on this module. In this case do you mean the ground wire for the external power supply?
Because GND pin from CPT is already connected. Anyway this was my first time working on a module with infineon on the table. (As i used to have a Carprog)
For your second question the guy i bought it from does not seem to understand my point and he takes his sweet time to reply. Therefore i thought i could ask for help from someone who knows how to work with CPT.

FxShaw
22nd August, 2015, 12:08 AM
The guy for this tool sucks..support sucks big time.. Yea I was talking about the ground wire...that ground wire is for the external power supply...Man i am glad I have CP and don't have to open and touch these...most of these I do in car w/e even seeing them, which is freaking sweet!.

amlgarA
22nd August, 2015, 03:01 AM
:wink: CARPROG OBD II,
The guy for this tool sucks..support sucks big time.. Yea I was talking about the ground wire...that ground wire is for the external power supply...Man i am glad I have CP and don't have to open and touch these...most of these I do in car w/e even seeing them, which is freaking sweet!.

ykizak
22nd August, 2015, 03:25 PM

I cannot agree more man. You should see one email that i sent him i said: "I suppose this is the notorious CPT support that i have been reading about". It just went through him needless to say. I was so happy wıth my CP too but i had to send it down to our branch so decided to buy CPT to be able to work on Freescale and Renesas MCUs. It is definitely sweet as you know lots of new Ford modules are sealed with silicone on the cover *sigh.

FxShaw
22nd August, 2015, 05:38 PM
Were you able to read data after you applied the external power? How accurate is their eeprom database btw?

ykizak
22nd August, 2015, 10:04 PM
Were you able to read data after you applied the external power? How accurate is their eeprom database btw?

Well i only received it on friday and could only find out that i need to apply external 12V in the evening. So i did not get a chance to test it yet.
Did not really have time to check the eeprom section but what do you mean by how accurate? The list did not contain as many eeproms as BeeProg does. Not even close to it, if that is what you mean.

FxShaw
23rd August, 2015, 12:07 AM
From what I have heard..their clear solution is not always a working solution for eeprom :fat: .

Viliuxxx
23rd August, 2015, 09:55 AM
This connection its OK, I test read-write Infineon... no problem

anastudio1
23rd August, 2015, 02:52 PM
Use SMOK it is work greate by this diagram and china tools read and write by this diagrams with no problem

ykizak
24th August, 2015, 09:58 AM
From what I have heard..their clear solution is not always a working solution for eeprom :fat: .

Ah well i never rely on solutions from them anyway. I only use them as last resort.

LockBit
26th August, 2015, 01:51 PM
@ykizak

(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/278899-ykizak) You really dont know how connect gnd pin to pcb
If you make good connection and you connect correct power suply all time you can read write without problem.

Regards :-)

ykizak
26th August, 2015, 02:13 PM
@ykizak

(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/278899-ykizak) You really dont know how connect gnd pin to pcb
If you make good connection and you connect correct power suply all time you can read write without problem.

Regards :-)

It is sorted out now. Only problem was that nowhere it says that i would need an external power supply. (Neither is there an information on the diagrams).
So i presumed VPP was conducting 12V in the beginning. This was my first attempt to work on an Infineon MCU on the table. (as i mentioned on my email)
For your information i was able to read/write as soon as i connected the power supply. Before i forget they weren't even able to tell me how many amps should the power supply have. So i had to take a chance with it as well. Thanks for your opinion though. People here knows more or less how much i know. :fat:

Regards