PDA

View Full Version : IRC Channel

cunny
1st August, 2009, 10:06 PM
Does DK Have a IRC Channel, also does anyone else think it would be worth having 1 available for members to use?

opsmonkey
2nd August, 2009, 10:48 PM
i haven't used mIRC properly since 1996.. when i did download a copy the other day it seems as if all the decent servers have gone and it was full of strange americans.. i soon deleted it..

cunny
3rd August, 2009, 06:33 AM
i haven't used mIRC properly since 1996.. when i did download a copy the other day it seems as if all the decent servers have gone and it was full of strange americans.. i soon deleted it..

You dont have to use mirc, there are some nice java scripts kicking about

Devilfish
4th August, 2009, 08:17 AM
I've never used IRC. Is that not like travelling back in time and using an old platform?

opsmonkey
4th August, 2009, 08:54 PM
its 14 years old.. and it shows.. its way had its day..

Bulld0g
4th August, 2009, 09:33 PM
its 14 years old.. and it shows.. its way had its day..

Still good for downloading stuff tho ops ;)

gazz10
5th August, 2009, 11:45 PM
Still good for downloading stuff tho ops ;)

yip have to agree ten times faster than torrents.

Chimaera
6th August, 2009, 08:18 AM
at best i only use it when a forum dosent have a chat box, so in a way we already have it.

As for downloads i have much easier ways to get files than jumping around in irc tryin to get into the best servers

it had/has its uses but its oldschool now

cunny
8th August, 2009, 12:36 PM
old? yes

The eason i have mentioned it is so people who want real time help can without the rules of the chat box.
As DK not got modem support i also thought could be a place for its members to talk about that sort of thing.

Well guys was only an idea

cunny
20th August, 2009, 09:37 PM
No more feed back on this as i still think this could be a good idea for senior members, say dk vets +

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th August, 2009, 10:02 PM
No more feed back on this as i still think this could be a good idea for senior members, say dk vets +

or maybe VIP + only lol. Another site has IRC and i dont get it!

cunny
20th August, 2009, 10:06 PM
well yes if so but is that was the case you would not have as many people on there.

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th August, 2009, 10:25 PM
well yes if so but is that was the case you would not have as many people on there.

lol i was messing coz you said vet and ur a vet!

cunny
20th August, 2009, 10:31 PM
My idea so if it panned out i should get access lol