PDA

View Full Version : dish going east

firestorm
2nd August, 2009, 01:06 PM
i have a dm8000 with a motorised dish on friday night while watching sky uk the tunner failed so i went outside to look at the dish and my dish was as far east as it could go.So i reset the dish on the ladders.Then it did it again so i have refashed my box incase it was the image.Now as soon as i switch the box on it gose east to the limet has any one any idears if its the motor or the box.i have tried it with the second tunner and the same thing happens

.: JaCkPoT :.
2nd August, 2009, 01:20 PM
Motor has had its days then. Have you tried with a second receiver?

firestorm
2nd August, 2009, 01:33 PM
no i have only got one reciever at the moment

tvadict
2nd August, 2009, 02:51 PM
how long should a motor last?

opsmonkey
2nd August, 2009, 07:12 PM
how long should a motor last?

depends on..:

the manufacturer
how much you use it
does it have plastic or metal gears

socktug
3rd August, 2009, 11:06 AM
no i have only got one reciever at the moment

When you say you reset the motor on the ladder, do you mean you used a paper clip etc. to stick in the wee reset hole on the motor? Does your motor have a light on the bottom? it is usually green if all is ok.

I suppose you could try using a brand new image on your box, not a backup just to rule that out. Although it's doubtful but worth considering.

Have you double checked your lon/lat on the receiver to ensure that it didn't have a hissy fit and get corrupted too?

firestorm
3rd August, 2009, 02:06 PM
hi i did the re set with the paper clip i also tried diffrent images gemini pli ect with the same result and i never use usal i set the dish up the old fasioned way i have now set it on 13e and set both my limets at 13e and it has stayed put so i will order a new motor today