PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cadillac Escalade Navigation radio lock.

lwood
25th August, 2015, 09:33 PM
hi first time in this section.. hello to all!!
i have a customer want to install a 2012 cadillac escalade nav/ radio in to a 2010 cadillac escalade, will that work??
if it does. could you guys help me unlock the Nav/ Radio??
thanks in advance.

XmoDDeR
25th August, 2015, 09:34 PM
need Tech2 to get it done

lwood
25th August, 2015, 11:19 PM
need Tech2 to get it done
i dont have tech2 or mdi scan tool

clusters
25th August, 2015, 11:23 PM
There is always the hard way, open the unit and find the chip with the VIN in it and change it lol Good luck with that.

Easier to get someone with a Tech2 to do it really.

Can't fix everything, specially without the proper tools.

lwood
26th August, 2015, 01:01 AM
There is always the hard way, open the unit and find the chip with the VIN in it and change it lol Good luck with that.

Easier to get someone with a Tech2 to do it really.

Can't fix everything, specially without the proper tools.
its hard?? i didnt think it was going to be hard.. to take apart the radio..
what year chevy radio are the easy ones to take apart to read the chip ??

clusters
26th August, 2015, 01:54 AM
03 to about 06 RDS radios aren't bad, but I can't imagine what it's like on that with nav.

hass42
20th October, 2016, 12:58 PM
I have same radio, I have a Tech 2 but this vehicle has been a flood... Everything works, radio is donor from another vehicle.
I can not communicate with radio through obd and I don't wanna waste time trying to find out why.

Long story short anyone know if I can directly connect to radio with Tech 2?
I have wiring diagram and pretty much know what to power up.

Hass42

clusters
20th October, 2016, 01:22 PM
Should be able to, power and ground to radio and scanner, and GM LAN should be all you need.

Pin 1 of the your DLC plug to the GM LAN pin on the radio.

I connect with individual modules all the time with the splice pack removed and jumpered for one module at a time.

But if you can't connect to it through OBD I doubt this will work either unless your GMLAN is down on the truck, but you wouldn't be able to connect to any module.

hass42
20th October, 2016, 01:31 PM
Should be able to, power and ground to radio and scanner, and GM LAN should be all you need.

Pin 1 of the your DLC plug to the GM LAN pin on the radio.

I connect with individual modules all the time with the splice pack removed and jumpered for one module at a time.

But if you can't connect to it through OBD I doubt this will work either unless your GMLAN is down on the truck, but you wouldn't be able to connect to any module.
OK thanks, ya I can't connect to many modules cause LAN is down. Flood vehicle. Thanks

Hass42