PDA

View Full Version : AUDI A4 2006 RB8 DASH

cqae
28th August, 2015, 08:55 AM
Hi guys, was looking for some help with this Audi A4 with an RB8 dash. It has come to me on a tow truck & not starting. Customer says nothing has been touched, it just wouldn't start, but we know this guy from previous experience & think he may of attempted odometer correction. regardless, this is where we got involved.

so using AVDI(orig) I went into key learn, standard mode. Says key not dealer key & is locked, so I made a new dealer key & learned it. Now key is learned but car still doesnt start. In the fields ecu responding & engine start permitted it says N/A

I read the dash info & noticed immo status was 7, I've changed this back to 6, based on what Ive read after searching DK, but did make any difference. Looking through my AVDI manual, it talks about RB8 dash swaps & editing CS data, so I pressed 'reset comp. security' which brings uop the CS & Mac info. in mine it was all 0s....I read the MAc & CS from the engine ecu & wrote that into the dash, but still no start.......I was a little concerned because in the reset comp. security info it also has mac slave & power class, both of this are all 0s and I couldnt read anything like that from the engine ECU.

what am I missing here? as far as I can see, someone has erased the keys & CS, but what else do I need to do to get this car running?

thanks in advance guys

robert54
28th August, 2015, 09:24 AM
What Engine Petrol or Diesel???

cqae
28th August, 2015, 09:31 AM
Petrol engine mate

lupu_sandu
28th August, 2015, 10:21 AM
Contact me on skype or PM

cqae
28th August, 2015, 11:02 AM
Thanks lupu, i was hoping you would read this:)........what's ur skype?

lupu_sandu
28th August, 2015, 11:19 AM
Same as here mate

cqae
29th August, 2015, 07:17 AM
so thanks to Lupu, Ive made a little bit of progress, but this one still wont start. I read the dash & updated the CS, MAC & powerclass, which were all at 00, Ive edited them to match the engine ecu, but still no start, what am I missing?\

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

cqae
4th September, 2015, 01:07 AM
so this one is done but not as I would of liked.

I swapped all the info like the AVDI manual says, CS MAC, powerclass & learned keys but no good. I guess the immo control unit in the dash has failed or been corrupted to the point that I cant figure out.

Next I tried to go down the path of immo off. I read the ecu eeprom by removing it & the flash diagnostically, avdi then made 2 files to be written back, unforuneately I couldnmt write back the flash so sent it off to a mate who did the immo off on the bench for me.

when I got it back I needed to readapt the airbag vin with vcds, but other than that all good, thanks for everyones help!

yugo45
4th September, 2015, 04:24 PM
Ok , is it car start and run for 2-3 sec or car does not start at all, only cranking???

cqae
7th September, 2015, 12:44 AM
car would start then stop after 2-3, was immobilized

AlekN
8th September, 2015, 09:46 AM
Hi, after matching the CS, PIN and power class have you tried learning the keys again?