PDA

View Full Version : Citroen Lexia 3 - Interface - Schematics

fonzy44
3rd August, 2009, 12:43 AM
First excuse my poor english.
Is anybody of you has the schematics or board or pictures of the electronic interface (contained inside the cable) to use with Citroen Lexia software ?

Any can make some pictures of this electronic ?

Thank's a lot.

citronel
3rd August, 2009, 06:47 AM
Stick this one !
Thieves - EMU FAP original pictures (http://www.phones-direct.ro/public/fapsensor/thieves.html)

fonzy44
3rd August, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi Citronel, thank's a lot for the pictures.
But should I understand that there is 2 electronic boards inside this interface ?

The first is ok but the second one ? where does it come from ?

On the second one we can see many wire on a 22 pins connector, where these wire go to ?

Do you also have a picture of the other side of the first board ? (with the DB9 connector).

Thank's

ExPro
3rd August, 2009, 12:15 PM
I suspect one board piggybacks onto the other as the 12-pin connector in the middle top of the first board coincides with the 12-pins of the second board?

It's been said it's just an OBD to USB adapter (presumably with added buffer/lines) - as the real work is done via the software. How true that is I don't know but it sounds plausible enough.

citronel
3rd August, 2009, 12:20 PM
Stick this one !
Thieves - EMU FAP original pictures (http://www.phones-direct.ro/public/fapsensor/thieves.html)

fonzy44
3rd August, 2009, 07:37 PM
It can't be a simple USB to ODB2 connector because on my Citroen C4 Picasso diagnostic connector there is 16 pins with the following assignment:

See picture below, pins in green.

01 (+12v after contact)
02 (------------------)
03 (CAN Diagnostic High)
04 (GND)
05 (GND)
06 (CAN Inter-system High)
07 (------------------)
08 (CAN Diagnostic Low)
09 (------------------)
10 (------------------)
11 (------------------)
12 (------------------)
13 (------------------)
14 (CAN Inter-system Low)
15 (------------------)
16 (+ 12v)

Rem: (------------------) mean Not Used.

So, there is 2 different CAN Bus to work with.
An ODB2 connector only have 1 CAN Bus which is read only.
In this case, the second one serve to program some new equipments.
The question is now: How to dispatch messages from Lexia to the first or the second one ?

Ideally, it will be great to monitor communication between USB port and interface when used with Lexia 3.

ExPro
4th August, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hello fonzy44,

Where did you get the pinouts from and can you get any more for other Cit's?

fonzy44
4th August, 2009, 05:19 PM
Unfortunately no, sorry !
It was a long, long, long search job on internet which give me this answer.
It was inside a technical documentation (a pdf) about Citroen C4 explaining most of the electric components and circuits.

Step by step, I try to recontruct the puzzle that Citroen let on internet, and now the only missing piece (precisely the unknown piece) is the interface which interact with the Lexia 3 software.

But when seeing the pictures of Citronel, I'm a little bit colded ... !
Without a COM port analyser (it exist free one, I can give URL) I think I will stop to try program myself new accessories I will add to my car ...:dontknow:

I need help of anybody which can do this ...

TycoonX
5th August, 2009, 08:30 AM
Oh thats litlle harder t build for me :) you can buy cable ,chinese version :) just search:)

MRGSoft
25th August, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi citronel, First excuse my poor english, since I'm Espa?ol.You can take a more detailed photos of the interface so that you could see the names of various chips, components and relays?. It may be helpful to understand the workings of it. Greetings and thank you very much for your information.

satinfo
25th August, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hi Fonzy44
i have the same interface which citronel have.
please let us to know what do you want exactly to do?
i can show you the other side of pcb

fonzy44
25th August, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Fonzy44
i have the same interface which citronel have.
please let us to know what do you want exactly to do?
i can show you the other side of pcb

Hi satinfo,
thank you for you answer, it can be interesting to see the other face. But the problem is that it will be difficult to build a new one from some photos.

I think that the best way to construct a working interface
is to capture the communication between the computer COM port and the interface, because this is the software which give order to the interface.
This should be done from start of the Lexia 3 and when programming some new components (like hook for caravan) and can be achieved with the help of a capture program.
It exist many free COM port capture programs, here is the one from sysinternal (now gained by micro$oft):
Portmon for Windows (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx)

Do you think you can capture the communication between computer COM port and the interface when starting Lexia3 and when performing some update in the car (a Citroen C4 Picasso by example which is difficult to read for many interface will be a very interesting information) ?

Thank's
Fonzy.

jawnuolis
26th August, 2009, 12:42 AM
Hi satinfo,
thank you for you answer, it can be interesting to see the other face. But the problem is that it will be difficult to build a new one from some photos.

I think that the best way to construct a working interface
is to capture the communication between the computer COM port and the interface, because this is the software which give order to the interface.
This should be done from start of the Lexia 3 and when programming some new components (like hook for caravan) and can be achieved with the help of a capture program.
It exist many free COM port capture programs, here is the one from sysinternal (now gained by micro$oft):
Portmon for Windows (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx)

Do you think you can capture the communication between computer COM port and the interface when starting Lexia3 and when performing some update in the car (a Citroen C4 Picasso by example which is difficult to read for many interface will be a very interesting information) ?

Thank's
Fonzy.

Lexia3 interface connects to USB not to com its just luck like com port on the in the interface side but its USB pinned out to com connection in interface side

MRGSoft
27th August, 2009, 09:41 PM
Hi satinfo, you can take a more detailed photos of the interface so that you could see the names of various chips, components and relays?. It may be helpful to understand the workings of it.
Greetings and thanks

fonzy44
27th August, 2009, 11:16 PM
Lexia3 interface connects to USB not to com its just luck like com port on the in the interface side but its USB pinned out to com connection in interface side

What can it be, a USB or what else, it will allways be spy'ed.
In all cases it's always possible to capture the communication between the computer and this interface.

bkati32
10th October, 2009, 12:27 PM
Hi satinfo, you can take a more detailed photos of the interface so that you could see the names of various chips, components and relays?. It may be helpful to understand the workings of it.
Greetings and thanks

I think the board doesn't contain relays, the big white blocks are opto-isolators in my opinion.

urb
11th October, 2009, 10:37 AM
I think the board doesn't contain relays, the big white blocks are opto-isolators in my opinion.

The white blocks (12) are relays.

Meat-Head
11th October, 2009, 09:09 PM

Yeah i thought that then i though, noo there are
relays.

The white blocks (12) are relays.

So just want to verify something.

this interface has SMD (surface mount) components, 21st centrary technology, CAN/VAN/ETC communications, with the option to cut down trees, but on the end of it is relays, that were designed by the victorain samual morse in 1837?

CNC_IR
11th October, 2009, 10:10 PM
Hi,

My Friends, we produced the iranian version of PPS about 2
years ago. it works same as original and is too cheaper than
original. also it has 1 year guarranty.

Motika
26th October, 2009, 06:08 PM
Hi,

My Friends, we produced the iranian version of PPS about 2
years ago. it works same as original and is too cheaper than
original. also it has 1 year guarranty.

A bit more info would help, price and availablity, schematics e.t.c

CNC_IR
26th October, 2009, 08:36 PM
Please see this topic.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f68/peugeot-citroen-diagnostic-interface-48898/index4.html

Persia
20th November, 2009, 11:40 PM
is it original?

laurepal
22nd November, 2009, 08:57 PM
how mach this lexia-3 cost?

I very need schematic and softvare.

igor_sd
13th December, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hi, I found this pictures which presents diferences between original and clone interface.
DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM TOOL for CITROEN&PEUGEOT LEXIA-3 - Page 3 - Mobile Files dot com (http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?p=581713#post581713)
On picture Mobile Files dot com (http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49278&d=1251638022) You can see that chinese clone have simple transistors istead of operational amplifiers and this can be reason for problematic reading some models of cars.
I recieved interface from China, and it is completly like original. Girl which sold it to me saying that they bought his interfaces from factory which was initialy produced they for Actia and now after his contract has expired, they continued production for all other resellers.
There is a pictures of mine interface.

djcristi
27th December, 2009, 10:13 PM
Hi, I found this pictures which presents diferences between original and clone interface.
DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM TOOL for CITROEN&PEUGEOT LEXIA-3 - Page 3 - Mobile Files dot com (http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?p=581713#post581713)
On picture Mobile Files dot com (http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49278&d=1251638022) You can see that chinese clone have simple transistors istead of operational amplifiers and this can be reason for problematic reading some models of cars.
I recieved interface from China, and it is completly like original. Girl which sold it to me saying that they bought his interfaces from factory which was initialy produced they for Actia and now after his contract has expired, they continued production for all other resellers.
There is a pictures of mine interface.

can you give us the site where you brought it from?

pale123
15th January, 2010, 12:53 PM
how mach this lexia-3 cost?

I very need schematic and softvare.

hi.. does lexia work with peugeot or it only works with citroen ?

citronel
15th January, 2010, 02:30 PM
Stick this one !

bawbag_
31st January, 2010, 02:10 AM
Does the usb cable have a device built in or is it just a simple connection and if so, any idea what the pin outs are?

BimmerGT1
31st January, 2010, 03:40 AM
What can it be, a USB or what else, it will allways be spy'ed.
In all cases it's always possible to capture the communication between the computer and this interface.

Is a waste of time to try to clone your self, the interface for Peugeot and Citroen, you will spend months trying to build one, if you guys want to buy some units, I will give you a good price for this interface must be at least 3 interfaces and the price will be 600usd plus shipping www.obd2technology.com,Diagnostico Profesional,Quito,Guayaquil-Ecuador (http://www.obd2technology.com) this price is just for members of DK.

miguelito
8th March, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hello everybody,
thinking of buying a C1 for my g/f - browsed the web for Cit diagnosis, so I found your community.

Regarding the interface: The 12 relays are for sure for multiplexing the bunch of K lines on the Cit OBDII connector. I don't know why, but stupid Peugeot/Cit did connect almost every ECU in the car to a separate pin at the ODBII connector.
The fujitsu controller does the multiplexing and perhaps CAN communication. Does citroen/peugeot use diagnosis via CAN? Besides that, it might contain the copy protection for the Lexia soft.

One question for those of you who own either the original Actia IF or one of those china clones:
Does the interface register as USB-to-serial device at the PC? Could somebody please check in the USB section of the Device Manager (Control Panel / System / Hardware -> Device Manager)?

If so, there is a good chance to develop home-brew K-line based IF which works for Lexia..

Well, if I will go for the C1, I'll for sure come back to this topic..

Michael

mbprado
15th May, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hello everybody,
thinking of buying a C1 for my g/f - browsed the web for Cit diagnosis, so I found your community.

Regarding the interface: The 12 relays are for sure for multiplexing the bunch of K lines on the Cit OBDII connector. I don't know why, but stupid Peugeot/Cit did connect almost every ECU in the car to a separate pin at the ODBII connector.
The fujitsu controller does the multiplexing and perhaps CAN communication. Does citroen/peugeot use diagnosis via CAN? Besides that, it might contain the copy protection for the Lexia soft.

One question for those of you who own either the original Actia IF or one of those china clones:
Does the interface register as USB-to-serial device at the PC? Could somebody please check in the USB section of the Device Manager (Control Panel / System / Hardware -> Device Manager)?

If so, there is a good chance to develop home-brew K-line based IF which works for Lexia..

Michael

Sure there are no microcontrollers?

Anyone have more detailed pictures?

the_big_d
16th May, 2010, 04:47 AM
Hello everybody,

Michael
Im no electronics expert & cant offer any cloning advice but i can tell you that the C1 is not even multiplexed, there is no VAN or CAN bus. It's the only model in the current citroen range thats not multiplexed.

liono
25th June, 2010, 08:15 AM
thanks guys for the helpfule comments