PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Octavia 1.8T bigger turbo

tech_cz
3rd September, 2015, 11:09 AM
Hi,

this Octavia MY1998, 110kW, AGU has turbo K004 from Audi TT 165kW.
The engine is too rich cause bigger flow through MAF.
Is it possible to lean it by changing MAF map?

WBR, Marek

carmageddon
3rd September, 2015, 11:15 AM
only k004 and you have to rich lambda?

impossible!

explain all your mod on engine

tech_cz
3rd September, 2015, 11:26 AM
The engine is stock.
No more mods just turbo.

WBR, Marek

morgano
3rd September, 2015, 01:56 PM
How can be richer if you get more maf with new turbo? :-?

Do you mean leaner and need to enrich?

tech_cz
3rd September, 2015, 03:44 PM
It is realy rich.
According to more MAF ECU add too much fuel.
Even lambda cannot lean the mixture.

WBR, Marek

carmageddon
3rd September, 2015, 03:49 PM
you are way off completely!

nick_f
3rd September, 2015, 06:24 PM
the most logical thing would be to put large injector (s3) and larger maf (s3).be sure that the turbine pressure is up or upload log from your engine.

J_amb_o
3rd September, 2015, 10:41 PM
He is not way off, this is the way this ECU works.

J

morgano
3rd September, 2015, 11:16 PM
Then i cannot see the problem, put bigger turbo and ecu actually increases gasoline to prevent lean condition. Does not that mean more power for his car? For what did he put bigger turbo then?

carmageddon
4th September, 2015, 06:21 AM
if you do not know the whole strategy as you can think about making correct change?

tech_cz
4th September, 2015, 08:05 AM
This is old ECU.
Does not have pressure sensor in intake manifold, lambda is not wide band and can not lean the mixture (this is the old working to 1V and under full throttle even does not work at all).
The mixture is driven just according MAF map and that is the problem. The ECU adds to much fuel according bigger flow through MAF.

WBR, Marek

carmageddon
4th September, 2015, 09:12 AM
you are wrong, but...if you think to know this ecu and his strategy why you dont have solved your problem?

J_amb_o
4th September, 2015, 10:39 AM
He is absolutely correct. I had one on the Dyno just yesterday. The standard fuel map is very rich when load increases, i.e. flow through MAF.

J

tech_cz
4th September, 2015, 12:31 PM
If I could modify the MAF map I?d not bother you, but I don?t how and where is the map.

WBR, Marek

J_amb_o
4th September, 2015, 12:35 PM
What MAF and injectors are you running?

tech_cz
4th September, 2015, 05:23 PM
Original.
Everything is stock.

WBR, Marek

J_amb_o
4th September, 2015, 09:39 PM
Ok, well the original injectors will not flow enough for a K04's full potential. Are you using a boost controller by any chance?

Rick

tech_cz
5th September, 2015, 09:17 AM
No,
the turbo just died so it was replaced by this K004.
So I need file with remapped MAF or if I use bigger injectors (for example 380) I need file changed for these injectors.

WBR, Marek

J_amb_o
5th September, 2015, 11:02 AM
The MAF map doen't need touching. Have you logged load to see what it's doing? Also how rich is it?

J

tech_cz
5th September, 2015, 11:58 AM
Please, if you now where it is make it a little bit leaner.
Then I can do something.
Thanks in advance.

WBR, Marek

xirtam
8th September, 2015, 06:16 PM
so i agree big turbo will not cause rich lambda ,ECU will give same boost control. big turbo more air will make more heat, and OEM intercooler is for STOCK turbo, maybe too hot for large turbo. too hot cause knock, so ecu will add fuel....... if too much knock afr will pig rich.

eliotroyano
8th September, 2015, 09:45 PM
Original 260cc injectors are too small for a K04-001 turbo, that is the turbo I think you are talking about. Increasing fuel pressure will limit your boost and colapse injectors on heavy boost. You could use OEM MAF but you will limit your boost (load) capacity too and could reach ECU maps limits and protection schemes.

An old OBD1 VR6 MAF (or just MAF housing + original MAF sensor element) and old EV1 S3 injectors will greatly do the trick. 350cc Bosch Red Top or 380cc Bosch White injectors could be used too but does not have the best spray pattern. Tune it is not so easy for starters but final product is nicely prowerful and docile.