PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover all models from June 2015 with in control app

smartymarti
4th September, 2015, 09:16 PM
Has anyone had a proper look at the new Range Rovers with the in control app , the one that constantly feeds landrover with data and also loggs the mileage of each and every journey , every time you pass wifi hot spot it uploads this data , so any one can see what mileage it's done the day it did x amount of miles etc

could this be the start of something new

dave11674
4th September, 2015, 09:33 PM
ooo it could be yes
there must be a way to stop this wifi thing in the car tho

dave

PremierD
4th September, 2015, 09:40 PM
Yes .................lol

PremierD
4th September, 2015, 09:41 PM
Have a mate .. his wife recieved a phonecall while she was driving her new RR .. telling her she had two very soft tyres .. pull in and wait for assistance ... lol

smartymarti
5th September, 2015, 07:33 AM
Collected my vogue yesterday and was cracking with salesman he showed me functions on it , you can set heating open close windows and you get to see every day the mileage traveled inc each trip a/b very comprehensive

Meat-Head
5th September, 2015, 07:49 AM
ON TOPIC ISH:-

UNCONFIRMED RUMOR - from reliable source.

as of 2014 ALL new cars have inbuilt GPS, and some kind of 'asstanse'

look on YouTube at volkswagen uk - video shows where the driver
falls asleep dies etc, the car stops itself, hazards and rings the Gesparpo.
(find the image of caravan look there somewhere)

Some crap idea from Europe

PARTLY ON TOPIX:-

reading some INFERIOR forum guy in emerica, driving rental car. Shook steering wheel like a poloroid VERY violently, got incoming phone call are you ok!

premierd

did your mates wife have to wait long and was it freeeeeee?

Faraday
5th September, 2015, 08:57 AM
off topic fiat/jeep usb hack

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34156598

Meat-Head
5th September, 2015, 12:37 PM
ooo it could be yes
there must be a way to stop this wifi thing in the car tho

dave

ON TOPIC:-

go to Walmart or old folks home, steal a regular house hold router, there normly 12vokts, power from the car, pair car to it, thinks it got Internet, stops it tweeting.

concern is, should you unlock the car, will it then pick up unlocked wifi and tweet.

could really do with a DK member, with say moderation powers, that's works fir the sg1ht bags

Meat-Head
5th September, 2015, 11:21 PM
ON TOOIC

Premierd, meantioned your post to my fat unemployed friend, he asked was her tires really flat?

Talk about big brother

TULGEYWOODMAN
5th September, 2015, 11:22 PM
Collected my vogue yesterday and was cracking with salesman he showed me functions on it , you can set heating open close windows and you get to see every day the mileage traveled inc each trip a/b very comprehensive

Always worth noting that you must zero trip A and trip B on most cars after you have done a job!

The trip value will remain until it's zeroed, it's amazing how many owners leave trip B untouched!

PremierD
5th September, 2015, 11:25 PM
Yes Meaty they were indeed in need of a bit of wind .. :)

Meat-Head
5th September, 2015, 11:28 PM
Yes Meaty they were indeed in need of a bit of wind .. :)

Defeats the object, squeals on you if you try to IN-correct it, but can't pump the tyres up or change its own light bulbs

TULGEYWOODMAN
6th September, 2015, 09:23 AM
Have a mate .. his wife recieved a phonecall while she was driving her new RR .. telling her she had two very soft tyres .. pull in and wait for assistance ... lol

Yes, it was me phoned her.
I was following and noticed the tyres where soft.

PremierD
6th September, 2015, 09:23 AM
:roflmao: .................................:)

Meat-Head
6th September, 2015, 10:03 AM
ON TOPIC:

read the comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2625244/EU-bug-car-UK-tracker-chips-Ministers-admit-powerless-stop-Big-Brother-technology.html#article-2625244

teerak2uk
6th September, 2015, 10:41 AM
ON TOPIC:

read the comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2625244/EU-bug-car-UK-tracker-chips-Ministers-admit-powerless-stop-Big-Brother-technology.html#article-2625244
Nice little china jammer would do the job unfortunately it will also stop your phone from working whilst in range

Rerouter
6th September, 2015, 10:46 AM
.... Wireless is in a fairly different frequency band to gsm, what is stopping you from unplugging the antenna from the back of the unit? surely its easily removable in order to unplug the head unit.

If you had to get a jammer, aim for a narrowband jammer, its more power efficient so could be left connected for a week without draining the batteries significantly,

teerak2uk
6th September, 2015, 11:45 AM
TCU is pretty well hidden, it is also part of immo, disconnect=wont start.

Disconnecting antennae's or jamming signal will inform control centre and then inform you and police.

JoK
I think informing me about the jammer I just itted ain't an issue nothing worse than big brother sh*t maybe they should concentrate on watching people that need watching

Meat-Head
6th September, 2015, 11:56 AM
TCU is pretty well hidden, it is also part of immo, disconnect=wont start.

Disconnecting antennae's or jamming signal will inform control centre and then inform you and police.

JoK

tcu? Wish you would talk inglish not in "dealer-scum".

block signal, get charged wasting police time.

where does the "credit/money" come from for the sim or wifi only?

teerak2uk
6th September, 2015, 02:05 PM
This is for theft purposes, you got 90k worth of car parked outside pub and some scroat trying to steal it with a jammer, dont you want to know about it??

Whats point having a tracker if your going to disable it :dontknow:

JoK
Difference is having a tracker and being forced to have one and if for theft why does the dealer need to be fed info from it!!!!

teerak2uk
6th September, 2015, 02:10 PM
This is for theft purposes, you got 90k worth of car parked outside pub and some scroat trying to steal it with a jammer, dont you want to know about it??

Whats point having a tracker if your going to disable it :dontknow:

JoK
Also forgot to mention trackers only trigger when moved without the keys maybe when you spend all that cash the stealer should make more of an effort to to secure their crap keyless systems which at current seem to be easy to bypass

teerak2uk
6th September, 2015, 02:14 PM
Go read here>> http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/incontrol-and-bluetooth/faqs.html

Will explain more than I can type :)

JoK
Never copy and paste what dealers say it just reminds me if all the bmw dealers saying they were unaware of key cloning leaving many of their customers waking to find an empty driveway

smartymarti
6th September, 2015, 02:32 PM
From there own page

Q. What is Journeys?
A. Journeys enable you to record, save and export journey information. A journey is logged after the vehicle has travelled over 0.6 miles (1km) and the engine switched off. The route can be viewed on a map and the distance, efficiency, time taken and average speed can all be retrieved. Journey information can be viewed, deleted or exported into Excel for expenses purposes. The Journeys functionality is available in the InControl Remote Smartphone App and through the My Land Rover InControl website.
When you create your InControl account, you will be asked to select your journey preferences. You can switch off Journeys completely. Note that if you decide to enable Journeys you will be able to delete some or all journeys through the InControl Remote Smartphone App or the My Land Rover InControl website.

r6eck
6th September, 2015, 11:11 PM
ON TOPIC:

read the comments

That's not going to work in Scotland

Meat-Head
6th September, 2015, 11:57 PM
ON TOOIC:-

That's not going to work in Scotland

Why is that?

r6eck
7th September, 2015, 11:07 PM
ON TOOIC:-

Why is that?

Even when you report an emergency the cops don't come.