PDA

View Full Version : Opel GID swap

PartyTwist
5th September, 2015, 03:40 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to swap a non working Opel GID made by Siemens VDO with a working GID made by Delphi Grundig.
From my previous meddling with this Opel stuff I think I need to get both pins, install the working GID and disable the security with it's pin, and then again enable it with the old ones pin (that's the pin from radio/car), right? could someone please give me pins? Dumps attached.

Thank you,

shooting
5th September, 2015, 03:45 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to swap a non working Opel GID made by Siemens VDO with a working GID made by Delphi Grundig.
From my previous meddling with this Opel stuff I think I need to get both pins, install the working GID and disable the security with it's pin, and then again enable it with the old ones pin (that's the pin from radio/car), right? could someone please give me pins? Dumps attached.

Thank you,

Suggest you replace "Like for Like" with the display...,
I just read a report from Opel saying that there are ECU problems caused by Display replacement with a different make..

wbr

Pin 1108

clydey
5th September, 2015, 03:47 PM
old original 1108
cannot help with technical not done this yet sorry

PartyTwist
5th September, 2015, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the help, could someone please calculate the pin from the "new"/"working" one?
I think I have some info about how to do this, will report back when I can try if it works.

KierAn20
5th September, 2015, 04:08 PM
Can you read and verify 25080 on delphi GID again please mate. The start of the file is OK but the lower half of the dump is corrupt - or somebody has played with it before you.

PartyTwist
5th September, 2015, 04:17 PM
Cleaned the contacts and read again, got different file, so this one should be ok.

Thanks.

KierAn20
5th September, 2015, 04:19 PM
Cleaned the contacts and read again, got different file, so this one should be ok.

Thanks.

Yepp - code is 0009 mate :)

Bllinda
5th September, 2015, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking that you made a mistake ....

old original 1108
cannot help with technical not done this yet sorry

P.S. and damp working_ori-atmel25080A is committed reset.

clydey
5th September, 2015, 05:01 PM
perhaps but waiting on reply cheers

bogege
5th September, 2015, 05:15 PM
code is correct!

Bllinda
5th September, 2015, 05:21 PM
maybe .... :)

code is correct!

shooting
5th September, 2015, 05:25 PM

My Opel Pin Calc says 1108

wbr

clydey
5th September, 2015, 05:28 PM
martech 1108 and my script 1108 hope it does turn out to be correct cheers

bogege
5th September, 2015, 05:35 PM

<Maybe> for you, but for me both codes are correct 100%
The rest depends on the member started the topic and its equipment and knowledge!

Bllinda
5th September, 2015, 09:31 PM
Can I see a calc.print.Scrin? thx
My Opel Pin Calc says 1108

wbr

plasma533
5th September, 2015, 10:10 PM
Confirming 1108 and 0009 on both my own decoder and also a 'bought' one as well..

Can I ask why you think its wrong?

Just opened up both files in hex editor and also two files from same type of gids and compared side by side... Both 'sets' seem fine and still work out reading it manually.

Faraday
5th September, 2015, 10:18 PM
Swap eeproms.

bogege
5th September, 2015, 10:22 PM
But they are different!

plasma533
5th September, 2015, 10:24 PM
think he missed that lol...

one is delphi the other is not soo much...

bogege
5th September, 2015, 10:30 PM
I'm sure he missed it, but he will fix it !!

PartyTwist
6th September, 2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the info! So yesterday I closed up both screens and wrote down this information and went to the Opel "Technician" that was/is working on the car. The plan was as follows:
1. Insert old (not working, siemens) GID into the car and deactivate theft protection in EHU/Radio with the old code
2. Swap the GIDs, activate theft protection with the code from "new" GID
3. Deactivate theft protection with new code
4. Activate theft protection with old code

As I don't own OP-Com or Tech2 some other person tried this. The first "problem" was that the old GID is compleately dead and doesen't respond to diagnostics. So he swapped the GIDs and deactivated the protection with old code, and that went OK. Then he tried to activate theft protection with new code - I'm not sure if that was successful or failed but I noticed that the radio is now displaying only "Program display" and not "DISPLAY SAFE". Then he tried to program it but I presume that he failed. After that he "threw in the towel" and said he'll get the identic Siemens VDO GID and we'll swap EEPROM content and be done with it.

So I guess that with the given codes and instructions above (+ some playing around with programming the GID) would solve the problem, but the Technician didn't bother/know enough. Thanks again for all the help.
Just one question, I see that some calculators are mentioned - some even wrote their own, but I'm wondering if anyone is willing to sell me a calculator for all types of this Opel radio/display pairs? I really need to get my own op-com to play with this a bit more as it looks quite interesting and I see there're not many local people that are willing to do/solve this.

Thanks!

shooting
6th September, 2015, 02:21 PM
Here's the Official line about the Display:

CD30 Error Messages
===================

If you see "DISPLAY SAFE" permanently shown after 10 seconds,
this means that the Display has not been correctly programmed to the vehicle.

If you see "DISPLAY SAFE" flashing every 10 seconds, this means that the Display
is currently in Delivery Mode, and is now ready to be programmed to the vehicle
with a OBDII programmer.

If you see "RADIO SAFE" permanently shown after 10 seconds,
this means that the Radio has not been correctly programmed to the vehicle.

If you see "RADIO SAFE" and a beep every 10 seconds, this means that the Radio
is currently in Delivery Mode, and is now ready to be programmed to the vehicle
with a OBDII programmer.

KierAn20
6th September, 2015, 03:41 PM
Thanks for all the info! So yesterday I closed up both screens and wrote down this information and went to the Opel "Technician" that was/is working on the car. The plan was as follows:
1. Insert old (not working, siemens) GID into the car and deactivate theft protection in EHU/Radio with the old code
2. Swap the GIDs, activate theft protection with the code from "new" GID
3. Deactivate theft protection with new code
4. Activate theft protection with old code

As I don't own OP-Com or Tech2 some other person tried this. The first "problem" was that the old GID is compleately dead and doesen't respond to diagnostics. So he swapped the GIDs and deactivated the protection with old code, and that went OK. Then he tried to activate theft protection with new code - I'm not sure if that was successful or failed but I noticed that the radio is now displaying only "Program display" and not "DISPLAY SAFE". Then he tried to program it but I presume that he failed. After that he "threw in the towel" and said he'll get the identic Siemens VDO GID and we'll swap EEPROM content and be done with it.

So I guess that with the given codes and instructions above (+ some playing around with programming the GID) would solve the problem, but the Technician didn't bother/know enough. Thanks again for all the help.
Just one question, I see that some calculators are mentioned - some even wrote their own, but I'm wondering if anyone is willing to sell me a calculator for all types of this Opel radio/display pairs? I really need to get my own op-com to play with this a bit more as it looks quite interesting and I see there're not many local people that are willing to do/solve this.

Thanks!

This all depends on whether the EHU is a Blaupunkt CD30 or a Delphi CD30. Blaupunkt will be a no-go with this new display, but Delphi CD30 can be married to this display.

So if you got a Blaupunkt, only realistic option is to source a new siemens GID.

HTH

PartyTwist
6th September, 2015, 04:24 PM
Oh just by the way, the radio is CD70 Navi (I don't know how I forgot to mention that before).

KierAn20
6th September, 2015, 04:37 PM
Oh just by the way, the radio is CD70 Navi (I don't know how I forgot to mention that before).

Makes a huge difference :-D can you post a photo of the sticker on the rear of the Delphi GID? and also post the part number of the CD70 - it will start with either 13 or 24.

Faraday
6th September, 2015, 09:46 PM
rocket science, just use search button and you will find all answers..

BTW can you explain me what is the difference between blaupunkt and delphi units and why you can use 1 and other not

Bllinda
6th September, 2015, 10:44 PM
all G.ID which bind to C.D70, astra h '08 begins with the number.13

Makes a huge difference :-D can you post a photo of the sticker on the rear of the Delphi GID? and also post the part number of the CD70 - it will start with either 13 or 24.

I'm thinking that this is a complete set for different levels. It may be that I'm wrong ....

rocket science, just use search button and you will find all answers..

BTW can you explain me what is the difference between blaupunkt and delphi units and why you can use 1 and other not