PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 7020 questions help needed

loncell
1st July, 2008, 06:15 PM
i've had a 7020 on cs for a while so i have a good understanding of the workings , i.e. FTP / FLASHING / MOTOR SET UP / PORT FORWARDING ,ETC..... but recently it was blanked when i had the electrics off at home.
a friend online did the full set up a few year back but im trying to learn for myself how to set up with keys and gbox cams (im bit thick on all this) to get it running.can someone please give me a 1-2-3 on were to get what i need to get it back up and running.
tbh im trying to learn which folders to drop what i need into them.i,ve read and read and read and i dont know were to get all the files.
i've re-flashed it and as it stands i have gemini 3.10 on the box and i also have written down all the motor number set ups in the stab motor.any help would be greatly appreciated so i dont need to rely on peeps doing it for me.

satman
1st July, 2008, 06:17 PM
i've had a 7020 on cs for a while so i have a good understanding of the workings , i.e. FTP / FLASHING / MOTOR SET UP / PORT FORWARDING ,ETC..... but recently it was blanked when i had the electrics off at home.
a friend online did the full set up a few year back but im trying to learn for myself how to set up with keys and gbox cams (im bit thick on all this) to get it running.can someone please give me a 1-2-3 on were to get what i need to get it back up and running.
tbh im trying to learn which folders to drop what i need into them.i,ve read and read and read and i dont know were to get all the files.
i've re-flashed it and as it stands i have gemini 3.10 on the box and i also have written down all the motor number set ups in the stab motor.any help would be greatly appreciated so i dont need to rely on peeps doing it for me.

We cant help you with your c/s problems :(,,, but any general help we can, what exactly do you want to know?

loncell
1st July, 2008, 07:31 PM
We cant help you with your c/s problems :(,,, but any general help we can, what exactly do you want to know?

no the setting up of CS bit is fine im lost with the gbox and keys and stuff (if needed) and bouquets .just a case of what do i need and were do i put it ?.and take your time when you answer that :):).

satman
1st July, 2008, 07:37 PM
no the setting up of CS bit is fine im lost with the gbox and keys and stuff (if needed) and bouquets .just a case of what do i need and were do i put it ?.and take your time when you answer that :):).

cam files go in /usr/bin
key files go in /usr/keys

and on gemini you will need to add a cam_script.sh to tell gemini the cam is there... think that will go in /usr/scripts or /var/scripts or there abouts..

use dreambox edit to send your bouquets to box ;)

Curious123
1st July, 2008, 07:42 PM
Have yoou looked at the stickies in the cable section?

loncell
1st July, 2008, 07:45 PM
Have yoou looked at the stickies in the cable section?

i have but this a satelite section.

<--loncell added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...-->

cam files go in /usr/bin
key files go in /usr/keys

and on gemini you will need to add a cam_script.sh to tell gemini the cam is there... think that will go in /usr/scripts or /var/scripts or there abouts..

use dreambox edit to send your bouquets to box ;)

ah thanks for that , now the big question without sounding like a cheeky bastard , were will i get these ?.are the keys the same as those in a dreambox 500cable box ?.

Curious123
1st July, 2008, 07:56 PM
Try googling for dreambox keys or satan keybundle and that should then get you onto various othersites.

loncell
1st July, 2008, 07:57 PM
sorry for the quick follow up ,,i dl'ed mgcamd1.28 and keys but when i FTP'ed over and selected var/bin it goes to bin as a shortcut folder (small arrow over it) and the at the top it says usr/bin,,, not,,, var/bin.im using gemini 3.10
what pisses me off is i made a back up using flashpro wizard and the ~~~~ing thing freezes when im flashing it with the backup.it gets to erasing bit and then it stops dead.this then means im ~~~~ed and i have to power down and re-do the thing with dreamup taking 1/2 hr.

satman
1st July, 2008, 09:13 PM
sorry for the quick follow up ,,i dl'ed mgcamd1.28 and keys but when i FTP'ed over and selected var/bin it goes to bin as a shortcut folder (small arrow over it) and the at the top it says usr/bin,,, not,,, var/bin.im using gemini 3.10
what pisses me off is i made a back up using flashpro wizard and the ~~~~ing thing freezes when im flashing it with the backup.it gets to erasing bit and then it stops dead.this then means im ~~~~ed and i have to power down and re-do the thing with dreamup taking 1/2 hr.

matey,,,, sorry the answer to your keys problems are related to your c/s and cant be discussed, you should have your keyfiles,
and /usr/bin is correct :)

loncell
1st July, 2008, 10:04 PM
sorry didnt know ,,but thanks all the same.