PDA

View Full Version : R4 OR M3

graveyard666
3rd August, 2009, 11:03 PM
Presently i have an R4 running fm 1.11, I cant run any new games, i read up on the arm7 fix but getting lots of games not running, so i've downloaded the latest version 1.18 but it wont run just say's loading,

I'm now assuming i have a clone so will try the 1.23 version when i can it get.

Now back to question :) looking at getting a more up to date card this is an older r4 which can only deal with 2 gb cards.

Which would be better R4 OR M3 ? Any pros or cons i should take into account ?

Tks

John

redgriffin
21st September, 2009, 09:49 PM
M3 Real is a good all rounder, not had any games fail. Plenty of firmware out there. It's stable. I think it'll support up to 8GB

theADDict
1st October, 2009, 08:10 PM
R4 is VERY old and not officially supported.

If you're talkind DS/DSlite carts, M3 are excellent, as are EDGE, iTouch Acekard 2 etc.
Stay away from the MANY clone and fake R4 variants... stick with a company that has pedigree.

Which cart is best ? ? DS Backup Cart Guide Blog (http://dscartguide.wordpress.com/which-cart-is-best/)
is a simple easy guide for DS carts.

playstation
2nd October, 2009, 11:01 PM
acekard 2 all the way

freck
3rd October, 2009, 04:03 PM
Cyclo Ds Evolution is the king,it was the first card to run the new mario roms while the acecard still has to be booted numerous times to start the game where as the cyclo breezed along.Plenty of suppurt and up to 32 gig cards used.Bit more expensive but worth it.

debzDD
4th October, 2009, 12:17 AM
only ever used R4'S,cheap and for me no probs!!:D

r4irts
14th October, 2009, 09:41 AM
of course m3 series,they are made by the same team,m3 team.:D,and m3 series come out recent days.