PDA

View Full Version : Broadband question

hitman07
1st July, 2008, 07:29 PM
Hi there, whats the best unlimited broadband to sign up to? im with bt option 3 but they have restricted my speed and the support is really crap. is there any companies out there that has a real unlimited deal going. thanks

AirShowNut
2nd July, 2008, 08:14 PM
Iv'e been with Virgin Media,formerly NTL,since they "came" to my town.I have never had any download limits imposed ever.The customer service leaves a little to be desired,but name me a company with 100% customer satisfaction.I have had no problem in recommending them in the past,and still do.Incase you're wondering,no i'm not affiliated with them in any way.The only problem you may have is this -- Are you in a cabled area ? If you are then i would seriously consider giving them a try.

Ham
2nd July, 2008, 11:38 PM
This is a handy site, especially the user forums: to see how users are getting on with their ISP's.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/

hitman07
3rd July, 2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks a million folks

bigalek1999
20th July, 2008, 09:40 PM
Virgin Media are pretty good in my opinion. They don't increase the price, just increase the speed. I recently went from 4 to 10 Meg. Fantastic.

superslyguy
21st July, 2008, 01:47 AM
hi im with virgin too they were telewest before im on the xl package which is 10 meg or more no problems at all but u need to be in a cable area as the guys have allready mentioned

riptoff
30th July, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah loads of people moan about Virgin and their customer service is rubbish at the best of times but 20meg unlimited downloads is a good deal for what they charge.
The only thing is the supposed crack down on P2P downloading
U could be one of the 800 who receive a nasty letter (poor sods) ;)

maxiza
4th August, 2008, 11:45 AM
I'm not using Virgin but I understand Virgin will charge you more if you want "unlimited speed" of connection. So it's all about pay and receive. No free-lunch in this world

microdot
7th August, 2008, 01:45 PM
I now have very limited connection on Virgin and was hopeing to change over to BT but I have heard that they will also be caping heavey downloaders
aneyone know of aney service in ondon area that will not be limiting people in future