PDA

View Full Version : VAG ECO faker Software

CustomCars
19th September, 2015, 12:25 AM
And we are, information for all ECU programmers, who one know about problem ? :-)
Who say it to US gov ? admit immediately !

Volkswagen Ordered to Recall Half a Million Cars After It Cheated on Smog Checks

According to the EPA, almost half a million cars were equipped with a device that could detect when it was undergoing an emissions test. And the EPA says that this “defeat device” would only run the car at peak efficiency during these times. Which is to say that when the car wasn’t being smog-tested, it was polluting a lot more than during the tests.

New York Time reports that the vehicles include, “the 2009-15 Volkswagen Jetta, 2009–15 Beetle, 2009–15 Golf, 2014-15 Passat and 2009-15 Audi A3.”
All are diesel engine passenger cars

Possible that will be expensive for VAG group...
back-of-the-napkin calculations, the fines could reach as high as $18 bilion...
holly....

oldford
19th September, 2015, 07:30 AM
Well, at least in the US the cars are checked for these kind of things.
Also, no manufacturer will leave bugs in the OBD2 communication as that will also result in fines and recalls.

In Europe nobody bothers to have a look, never mind do serious tests.

CustomCars
19th September, 2015, 08:07 AM
That's right, but anyway... and this is true diesel is much more eco friendly than petrol cars.

busaman
19th September, 2015, 09:16 AM
it doesn't surprise me in the least, yet.... they put anti tamper on ecu,s component protection so you cant fit used parts they want it all ways....

oldford
19th September, 2015, 12:34 PM
That's right, but anyway... and this is true diesel is much more eco friendly than gasoline.

Really? Then why are older diesels not allowed into city centers anymore in for instance Germany and Holland?
Diesels (even the newest ones) still produce small (soot) particles which increase the chance of getting lung cancer.
You may change your opinion once you get cancer.

Those chances increase when a lot of people are deleting DPF's and Adblue systems.
The majority of the users on this forum have no problem with it, regardless of the damage to people that may cause.

bobolin4o
19th September, 2015, 01:23 PM
Cigarettes increase the chance of getting cancer, but up to 80% of people use them... including me...
LEGALLY... and i can smoke my cigarettes everywhere i want...
And the government earn very good money from that business... VAT, Duty, etc.

CustomCars
19th September, 2015, 01:52 PM
oldford, media and all brands lie. When human turbocharge petrol cars, and add pressure injection all was change.

Pls take a look

Vehicles
Carbon monoxide
Hydro - carbons
Oxides of nitrogen
Particulate matter
Carbon dioxide

Petrol cars with a catalyst
---

Diesel cars without a catalyst

And... ? Yeah, but only diesel was tested for EURO pollution specification - petrol don't because they can meet any EURO param. , no one petrol car actually produce less poison of diesel.

And another fact, in the world most producer of CO2 come from... COWS :-)
One Cow can produce 5 tons CO2 /per year

oldford
19th September, 2015, 06:41 PM
Cigarettes increase the chance of getting cancer, but up to 80% of people use them

True. That's why smoking is prohibited in public places like schools, hospitals, restaurants, trains, etc. in a lot of countries.

oldford
21st September, 2015, 07:47 AM
When human turbocharge petrol cars, and add pressure injection all was change.

Please tell me more. Why is (high) pressure injection a problem?
And why are turbo's a problem? They have been used for many decades now.

CustomCars
21st September, 2015, 08:42 AM
Petrol engine equipped with direct fuel injection. The combustion of a lean mixture which emits a larger amount of particulate matter. Increased NOx emission too.

But i forgot about new Euro 6, that change many, and petrol today should more strict = GPF, Cat, DeNOx

GPF = Gasoline Particulate Filter for Euro 6

oldford
21st September, 2015, 09:37 AM
Denox has been around for more than a decade. That's long before Euro 6.

raedareeg
23rd September, 2015, 10:24 PM
can some body please explain me in more technical details how VW cheated EPA.

purdy
23rd September, 2015, 10:49 PM
Not a letter I would like landing on my door step.
http://www3.epa.gov/otaq/cert/documents/vw-nov-caa-09-18-15.pdf
not entirely sure but from what I can gather . VW ran two different maps in the Ecu. A dyno map and a road map. The Ecu used various signal from the car ie steering angle, acceleration sensors, Wheel speeds ect to determine the the car was running on a dyno. It then runs the dyno map to get good fuel efficiency and good emissions data. Then switching to a more usable road map when the car was on the road.
Not a good week for wolfsburg did any one see the football 5 goals in 9mins against bayern munich.

oldford
24th September, 2015, 07:59 AM
Customcars, You may want to read this article by the International Agency for Research on Cancer:
http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2012/pdfs/pr213_E.pdf

Do you still think diesel is cleaner than petrol?

mbtun
24th September, 2015, 12:21 PM
New diesel engines with working DPF (euro 4 and euro 5) are not poluting more than petrol engines. Do not reffer to old diesel engines as they are now rare and in 5 years most of euro 2 and euro 3 diesel cars will disapear.

oldford
24th September, 2015, 06:17 PM
Old diesels rare? There still driving 40 year old diesels in my country.
And what about diesel trains, ships, army vehicles and generators? There not going away anytime soon.

mislav88
24th September, 2015, 11:03 PM
wondering what those who were claiming not to disable NOx dtc but replace it, will have to say now...

looks like those sensors are actually used only while running on "dyno map pack"

oldford
25th September, 2015, 07:28 AM
New diesel engines with working DPF (euro 4 and euro 5) are not poluting more than petrol engines
Well, there are several reports that these car emit a lot more NOx then allowed under euro 5 and 6, which increases the chance for lung problems and premature death. Never mind euro 4 where diesels are allowed to emit 3 times as much NOx as a petrol car.
And it's not just VW, a lot of other manufacturers still have a lot of work to do.
That it is possible to comply with the rules is demonstrated by BMW and at a nice second place Mercedes.

Oh, and about those cars with DPF:
You also mean the ones that used to have a DPF and working EGR or Adblue injection before their owners came here and asked for disabling the DPF, EGR or Adblue?