PDA

View Full Version : Is Sky HD any good

electric_phoenix
1st July, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hi,

I am thinking of getting Sky HD. Is it any good? Is there an alternative as Sky appear to be milking the market. Thanks for your help.

ryppn
10th July, 2008, 01:27 AM
Well, I've had it for 4 weeks now, I only have the sports package so I dont have the movies in HD. To be honest this is may be the wrong time of year for a quick judgement as this is an avid footie house, but so far the most impressive channel has been BBC HD, where the Wimbledon coverage was great. I've watched a few rugby league games on Sky Sports and they seem pretty good as well. Not overly sure on the merits of the extra tenner a month to be honest, but time will tell.

baldy
11th July, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hi, it is fantastic BUT you must have surround sound for the full effect. Lots of channels and choice unlike virgin media, but the new freeview HD may be a very good option to look in to. :dancing:

Sniper^uk
16th May, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hi,

I am thinking of getting Sky HD. Is it any good? Is there an alternative as Sky appear to be milking the market. Thanks for your help. i have Sky HD m8 and a 46" Sony Bravia let me tell you it is worth getting if yuo like you sports movies ect lol ;)

cactikid
16th May, 2009, 06:02 PM
yes the hd and full surround system a must to take advantage of sound,basic package and hd movies,it is dearer than cable but u do get more even repeats lol