PDA

View Full Version : DM500 HD , release date ?

loncell
5th August, 2009, 04:22 PM
over the past month or so i've been umming and ahhing about buying a DM800 HD till i saw the DM500 HD due for release.
as per usual i dont hold me breath when it comes to dream multimedia releasing a new box on time so does anyone know roughly when its due out ?.
i only wanted it for the HD football as my tv is totally wasted without HD .

caveman_nige
5th August, 2009, 04:37 PM
If DMM are really making one they are still not advertising it on their site (not that it is ever really kept up to date)... I was always curious as to why they would want to undercut their own DM800 anyway...

I am beginning to think the same as others on this subject that it is really a chinese box as it is gonna have HDMI output and not DVI and have better chip than the 800.... DMM bang on about the Dm500 clone situation, telling people not to but them then they confuse the matter by making a DM500HD, it certainly has me confused.. I know they recently made DM500+..........

2tone
5th August, 2009, 08:34 PM
If dream are going to do this you can almost bet they will do it the same way they did with the 800 and 8000 black picture on there site of the shape of the box and as the weeks go on let you see more i also see that they have a new site and they are also giving you an app that lets you get a code from your dreambox and you can type it on to there site and see if you have a clone or real dreambox

h**p://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en

alunfennell
6th August, 2009, 12:29 AM
All of this is been done to bring the 500 & 7000 Series all up to running on E2 so they can stop support for the older versions of the Dreamboxs thus knocking out further support such as Cccam other Emulators along with Plugins and putting an end to some of the clone receivers on the market ! no Emulators working = no good !

With new server recognition software been introduced by Dream it will make harder for clone receivers to function properly in the future !

It sill does not answer why the specs for 500 out do the 800 but I am sure a upgrade will be made in due course !

Regards:
Alun

.: JaCkPoT :.
6th August, 2009, 03:30 AM
All of this is been done to bring the 500 & 7000 Series all up to running on E2 so they can stop support for the older versions of the Dreamboxs thus knocking out further support such as Cccam other Emulators along with Plugins and putting an end to some of the clone receivers on the market ! no Emulators working = no good !

With new server recognition software been introduced by Dream it will make harder for clone receivers to function properly in the future !

It sill does not answer why the specs for 500 out do the 800 but I am sure a upgrade will be made in due course !

Regards:
Alun

It had to be you who broke the bad news to me lol. Well if e1 stops then whats stopping e2 emulators from doing the same thing?

2tone
6th August, 2009, 08:58 PM
In my eyes I think people would be mad to run out and buy a clone 500hd at this stage as soon as dream if they bring it out put new images out then you can bet they wont work on the 500hd clone same as the 800 not worth it if you ask me it has also been said a while back that there could be some thing in a cam was only talk then but going by what dream did the last time I would not put it past them nice new emu and as soon as you put it on a clone dead I think this is why you have not seen a cccam update for the new UK card 1 as its not working fully yet and 2 why do it if your going to bring out a new emu that's only going to work on there receiver look how long cccam would only work on a dream box took some time to port it over to other receiver's so im sure if they do bring a new emu out it will take as long to do