PDA

View Full Version : DM500 FTP problem

digi123
5th August, 2009, 07:23 PM
Hello people , i am using a wirelessly connected pc , and i want to ftp to my dreambox , so i when and bought a crossover cable and tried connecting to it using flashfxp and filezilla and it just wont connect :( . Can someone guide me in the right way to do it , if i am doing something wrong.

thanks

Digi123

Chimaera
5th August, 2009, 07:27 PM
have a read of this digi

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/guide-getting-best-your-500-series-dreambox-45848/

it might help ;o)

digi123
5th August, 2009, 08:09 PM
thanks for the reply , had a look at the guide , and tells me info i already know , it is possible to connect via crossover on a wirelessly connected pc , right ?

timmay667
5th August, 2009, 08:16 PM
hiya mate, yeah you should be able to connect alright. you will need to change your Local Area Connection IP address to be in the same subnet as the dreambox.
e.g. if your dreambox has 192.168.1.100 you can change your address to 192.168.1.101 or something. Then you will be able to connect via crossover cable. Do you have your dreambox connected to your wireless router as well? If you do you should be able to ftp wirelessly also without changing any IP addresses.

digi123
5th August, 2009, 08:29 PM
that first bit of advice sounds like a hard process lol , so i dont think i wanna be mucking about with my ip address , but the second bit u said , so what if i just go and take my dreambox next to my router and connect it via ethernet or crossover , then i can connect to it from this wirelessly conenctec pc , hows that work ?

timmay667
5th August, 2009, 08:42 PM
yeah that would work. check your ip address on the dreambox first, go to menu, setup, expert setup, communications settings...in there you will see your dreambox IP address or it might just say DHCP. it will probably be 192.168.1.100 so when you connect that to your router it will FTP program or command prompt and and enter the dreambox IP address and it should work from there.
Username/Password root/dreambox

oh and editing your IP address is simple if you want me to explain it!