PDA

View Full Version : DM 500c turning self off and on with 1.1 image

donnethecoach
5th August, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hi All
Have trawled the 'net and have sorted an image to get things started FTA stuff ok. Copied stuff to var directory as stated (keys and scce)- inc emu folder (in bin folder)...And still no dice

... so thought I'd try the DV 1.1 image and see where that got me... well, it flashed over (FTP) and was found etc (root.cramfs) - and since then the box keeps turning off and on itself and just showing the DK logo...

Have I upset the box... or is there a secret?

It don't seem to respond to the remote any more.

Any direction/condolence welcome... I can cope with V basic instructions, but am newb basically.

Oh, and have got Linux Mandriva on the PC if that helps.

DC

challah
5th August, 2009, 10:25 PM
you need to reflash use dreamup its the most easy way to go
when that is done scan for channels
then ftp the nov fix to the box
get back to us with a progress report
good luck

donnethecoach
5th August, 2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks chief, that's good to know that all is not lost.

I'll find Dreamup out there somewhere - is that the one where you need a serial cable - I have one from my Starview...?

As for the Nov fix... what version number is that - is that an image?

Great to have people out there to help like yourself.

DC

challah
6th August, 2009, 12:25 AM
flash the dk 1.1 image to your box
then ftp the nov fix to the box
the nov fix is not an image but a series of roms
their in the stickies last one by devilfish
follow the instructions

donnethecoach
7th August, 2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks Challah

Yeah, have sorted roms before - hopefully that should be ok. but my main issue now is with getting my Mandriva Linux to find the box using the serial port - and that is a journey thru some new forums.... There is an emulator called wine that sorts dreamup... but ports.... well...

I am working hard out here to teach myself fast.

DC

EAMO 2
8th August, 2009, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=donnethecoach;249111]Thanks Challah

Yeah, have sorted roms before - hopefully that should be ok. but my main issue now is with getting my Mandriva Linux to find the box using the serial port - and that is a journey thru some new forums.... There is an emulator called wine that sorts dreamup... but ports.... well...

When using NOV fix you may find keys are out of date
Have a look on Rapidshare for new KEYS
Have fun

donnethecoach
9th August, 2009, 11:22 PM
All this drama changing away from microsoft stuff to Linux... Dreambox is a Linux box as well... and Windows Vista saves the day.... used the wife's laptop!!

Sorted channels all good, life is sweet.

Next thing, I'm off around the forums to work out how to get these channels tidied up in some bouquets - many thanks to both of you, havea good one.

DC:proud:

EAMO 2
10th August, 2009, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=donnethecoach;250628]All this drama changing away from microsoft stuff to Linux... Dreambox is a Linux box as well... and Windows Vista saves the day.... used the wife's laptop!!

Sorted channels all good, life is sweet.

Next thing, I'm off around the forums to work out how to get these channels tidied up in some bouquets - many thanks to both of you, havea good one.

MENU--SETUP--SERVICE ORGANISING
Follow prompts on screen:bounce: