PDA

View Full Version : TurboProg DeltaTechElectronics

AleXPaiN
7th October, 2015, 09:50 AM
Hallo,
I am working with TurboProg Programmer from Delta Tech Electronics. It programs and learns turbochargers actuators. Recently I have encountered a problem when attempting to learn Touareg v10 2004 Hella actuators. The Touareg has two turbochargers with two Hella actuators, one of which is broken and needs replacement. So the new unit must be programmed to the turbocharger geometry. Problem is that the angles of start point, end point of the actuator must be input manually, the tester does not allow to adjust the actuator movement by test, it has to write in a value of degrees for start and end point of geometry, which value I dont know, and cant seem to find out from where I can obtain.
Have anyone used this tool?
Have anyone encountered such a problem?
Can you help me?

P.S. DTE support is rather slow, I will appriciate an answer from someone that has expirience with such a tool.

I will post a solution when I have one, so if needed it can be used by others

Thank You.

AleXPaiN
9th October, 2015, 02:46 PM
The actuators are second hand, they are new for the car and the turbocharger thats why we need to know how program them to work with the new turbo.

Just put second hand Hella actuator (the same type like brake down one) to your turbocharger and thats all what you need to do. Try to run engine or activate actuator test by diagnostics software.
If you will get some turbocharger problems (DTC appear, overload or something else) then you may correct lever range by TurboProg. But I think it won't be necessarly.

Are You suggesting that all Hella actuators are programmed for the same start and end angle ?

No!
In the same way:
- read actual range
- correct them
- save changed range
but actuator ranges are different. For example:
1. Hella actuator for Mercedes have range: 20 deg start, 75 deg stop.
2. Hella actuator for Ford 2.0 TDCI range:15 deg start, 83 deg stop.

I cant understand dosent Your product ment to program new actuators for the turbo geometry?

Once again... there are no new oryginal Hella actuators! Maybe made in chaina, but I don't know how to program it :(
By TurboProg you can:
1. change lever range or
2. do actuator copy/clone (for example, you have Mercedes actuator and reprogram it to VW Touareg actuator)

That was the official response From Delta Tech so if anyone finds this helpful please dont hasitate to use it.