PDA

View Full Version : CANNOT WRITE 93S66

GolfmkI
7th October, 2015, 10:45 AM
Hello I have E46 corrupted dashboard shows 999.999 km.
Problem is solved, mileage was not good ( repeated 2 times in dump but not equal).

Problem is whe I try to write eeprom.

It is B59431

Suposed to same as 93s66 (secured one)

I KNow it has a protected area, but I am trying with Upa change the status register to allow writing and seems imposible!!!!

I can read status register and it shows 1F

On Upa there are 3 options:

Read (works ok)
Write
Clear

I have tried to clear to write a new one like:

8F,8C,00,11

I click write Status register , all seems working, but I read and status register dows not change, and eeprom dont allow writing.

I have new one eeprom 93c66 but I loaded same dump in 16bit and GET CODE IN DASHBOARD

So I really need to erase original (unlocking it), cause I dont find other suitable eeprom for this.

I have tried to solve problem myself, with this forum/net Knowledges, but no luck. Learned a lot but eeprom keeps unerasable.

Only logical answer is Fairchild 93s66 (ori eeprom)eeprom doesnt allow to change anything....this would be a pain in the ass....

I hope I am not doing properly some process.

Thanks beforehand.

wn57
7th October, 2015, 10:58 AM
I had the same problem. UPA was not working.
I use WELLON VP 990

Rerouter
7th October, 2015, 11:13 AM
Grab a 93C66 you have about, and write the file to it, problem solved, otherwise get an X-prog which can correctly write to them,

GolfmkI
7th October, 2015, 11:28 AM
Grab a 93C66 you have about, and write the file to it, problem solved, otherwise get an X-prog which can correctly write to them,

As I wrote above, I tried with a new 93c66 eeprom.

Dashboard shows CODE, same dump that works in ori eeprom .....

I am going to try writing with other device, but Ive tried with Upa and with an Unversal programmer that never let me down..

Thanks

GolfmkI
7th October, 2015, 12:17 PM
SOLVED!!!!

93C66 EEPROMS IN MY "STOCK" ARE 8 BIT. i BELIEVED THEY ARE 16BIT.

MY MISTAKE

TOOK AN 93C66 16 BIT AND ALL PERFECT.

ORI EEPROM WAS IMPOSIBLE TO UNLOCK WITH MY DEVICES.

THANKS EVERYBODY