PDA

View Full Version : Boot Logos

bwuddywabbit
2nd July, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hi guys,
I've just created a boot logo using tmpgenc,& named it bild, its the installation of this logo thats got me, can you enlighten me pilease,
regards,
The Wabbit

osborne82
3rd July, 2008, 08:35 AM
Hi guys,
I've just created a boot logo using tmpgenc,& named it bild, its the installation of this logo thats got me, can you enlighten me pilease,
regards,
The Wabbit

what model dream is it buddy ? you could place your pic in /bin or usr/bin and reboot if it shows great if not dont worry we can still make it show ul just need to edit a little file lol

cheers

osborne82

satman
3rd July, 2008, 01:23 PM
what model dream is it buddy ? you could place your pic in /bin or usr/bin and reboot if it shows great if not dont worry we can still make it show ul just need to edit a little file lol

cheers

osborne82

if dm500 most images there is a easy to use plugin to change the logo

bwuddywabbit
3rd July, 2008, 08:20 PM
Its a Dreambox 7020-S
I'll give it a try what you said above & I'll let you know,
cheers,
regards,
The Wabbit

bwuddywabbit
4th July, 2008, 07:00 PM
usr/bin didn't work guys, what little file do i need to edit,
regards,
The Wabbit

osborne82
5th July, 2008, 07:59 AM
if dm500 most images there is a easy to use plugin to change the logo

im sure that plugin doesnt work on the 500 as the pic is in /bin on 500 lol could be wrong though heheh

anyway try this buddy should let u change your logo to whatever u want :)

cheers

osborne82

bwuddywabbit
5th July, 2008, 03:59 PM
many thanks,
I'll give it a try & let you know,
regards,
The Wabbit

bwuddywabbit
8th July, 2008, 09:42 PM
nope, didn't work for me, nifty little prog though, it appears to be write protected & stops the prog working, so I had a chat with the bro who seems to know telnet & the commands to disable the write protection and lo & behold, knock me sideways, is there sugar in my tee, is there coffee in my mug, am I wearing a G-String, oops, T.M.I. o yeh the boot logo, yes it didn't work, well it did, but that wasn't the logo I wanted to change, but its a start.
The logo I tried to change is the one that lights up before you load the image,
my ones the GP logo with the blue background, any ideas guys,
regards,
The Wabbit

rrotan
8th July, 2008, 11:24 PM
nope, didn't work for me, nifty little prog though, it appears to be write protected & stops the prog working, so I had a chat with the bro who seems to know telnet & the commands to disable the write protection and lo & behold, knock me sideways, is there sugar in my tee, is there coffee in my mug, am I wearing a G-String, oops, T.M.I. o yeh the boot logo, yes it didn't work, well it did, but that wasn't the logo I wanted to change, but its a start.
The logo I tried to change is the one that lights up before you load the image,
my ones the GP logo with the blue background, any ideas guys,
regards,
The Wabbit

hi,
tell me first, is your img loaded in internal or external flash ?

bwuddywabbit
9th July, 2008, 12:21 AM
internal flash from hard drive,
regards,
The Wabbit

^^MaXiMo II^^
20th July, 2008, 07:25 PM
in most image the "bild" file can be found in root/platform/kernel
i made a little how to while ago let me know how you get on if needed i will post it here
ciaooo

satfoot
25th August, 2008, 04:31 PM
The bootlogo for a Multiboot Image requires a bild.m2v file which is then installed with Flashwizard whilst that for a Flash Image requires the same bild.m2v file simply renamed to newbild and is installed with the Easy Logo Plugin.
Cheers.

^^MaXiMo II^^
26th August, 2008, 09:50 PM
The bootlogo for a Multiboot Image requires a bild.m2v file which is then installed with Flashwizard whilst that for a Flash Image requires the same bild.m2v file simply renamed to newbild and is installed with the Easy Logo Plugin.
Cheers.
that is correct if you use E2 immage

satfoot
27th August, 2008, 02:10 PM
that is correct if you use E2 immage

I can confirm that I have been successfully using such files for many months on both my DM500 and DM7000 with no problem at all. Cheers.

osborne82
27th August, 2008, 05:06 PM
I can confirm that I have been successfully using such files for many months on both my DM500 and DM7000 with no problem at all. Cheers.

enigma2 on dm500 ???
have i missed something

cheers

osborne82

hutchy
27th August, 2008, 06:51 PM
hi i have a dreambox 500s with gemini 4.2 image using cccam 2.0.9 , can someone tell me how i change the logo when i reboot my box, as it is just now all i get the the gp logo with blue background, i would like to change this with my own image. would be great if someone could explain how i do this.

thanks
scott

<--hutchy added 20 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...-->

im sure that plugin doesnt work on the 500 as the pic is in /bin on 500 lol could be wrong though heheh

anyway try this buddy should let u change your logo to whatever u want :)

cheers

osborne82

i unzip the file to a folder try to open it and get an error, says "component tabctl32.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered " can someone pm me with a new download or instructions on what i should do

thanks

i really want to change the logo, as the gp one is dull

satfoot
27th August, 2008, 10:27 PM
enigma2 on dm500 ???
have i missed something

cheers

osborne82

Absolutely not...DM500 and DM7000 both E1 of course. Cheers.

ronlkh
15th September, 2008, 02:18 PM
Can someone please tell me what is the filename of the bootlogo in dm500?