PDA

View Full Version : Genisys software upgrade (solved )

agitprop
10th October, 2015, 01:51 AM
Okay folks, after quite but of research, trial and error and thanks to..well no one here (quite disappointed by the stunning lack of response) I have the following to share with you all: You DON'T have to buy OTC's cf card to do an upgrade all you need is a simple tech blue and white label card. I have just upgraded my system to 3.0 for eight bucks (cost of the card) a 1 gig will work for 3.0 and 4 gig should work for 4.0 and 5.0 However it appears that Delkin cards were added to mix so I do not know it they will work the same. As soon as I get ahold of one I will share my results with you all (unlike some people here). I hope this helps somebody I really like this particular machine as I refuse to be tethered to a subscription so the genesys is a great value in imho. I know a lot of you are more interested in hacking into the locked files. But I don't necessarily mind paying for the information, what pisses me off is having to pay for what in essence i thse software to run the device. To my mind it is like making the gas pedal optional when you buy a car. Any hope this is useful to you folks.

agitprop
18th October, 2015, 12:30 AM
Quick update the delkin industrial did not work with 5.0. I will keep trying to find a solution to 5.0. Not that anyone seems to care or notice lol.