PDA

View Full Version : wtf - Optical drive wierd problem

Lyrrad
3rd July, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hi

I have just installed Pioneer DVR 115D

I have burned a few DVD's and now I get this strange problem.

It doesn't matter what dvd/cd I put into the tray, when I navigate to the drive the content is always the same. The files are usable etc. However when I take a cd or DVD out of the tray the pc recognizes nothing is there. So I can load the optical drive up with a CDR and it will show the content of 3.9gb of a recent DVD I just burnt.

This is madness and I am just about to walk away from the pc. 3 hours of this is enough for this session.

Any ideas at all what could be happening here?

davemac82
6th July, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi

I have just installed Pioneer DVR 115D

I have burned a few DVD's and now I get this strange problem.

It doesn't matter what dvd/cd I put into the tray, when I navigate to the drive the content is always the same. The files are usable etc. However when I take a cd or DVD out of the tray the pc recognizes nothing is there. So I can load the optical drive up with a CDR and it will show the content of 3.9gb of a recent DVD I just burnt.

This is madness and I am just about to walk away from the pc. 3 hours of this is enough for this session.

Any ideas at all what could be happening here?

this is a software problem! if you do repair installation of windows it will rectify this 9 times out of 10 if not the only way to fix it is a clean installation of windows.