PDA

View Full Version : Starview4 USB - 8882 My Story....HELP!!!

santheman
8th August, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hi Guys,

Here is my STARVIEW4 USB story, hope you guys can help, I have tried everything suggested in all the threads, just hope you can help.

I bought a box off satellitewizard and tried to uplad the 1.10 file. This froze at 8 pc and did nothing for about half an hour. I turned the power off to the box - not sure what else I could have done???

I then have the 8882 problem, I contacted supplier and he said I could get it fixed from him for 10 pounds. I decided against this and bought a Jtag from TMC.

I then connected to a laptop to the box etc as per the instructions from TMC, but when I tried to load the file and clicking on the download button, nothing happens except the download button greys out.

I then thought it was a prblem with the serial connection so I have now bought USB to serial connection from maplins and also have the same problem!!

Is this a problem with the circuit from TMC or is the box totally goosed with the 8882 problem.

Is there anything else I can do to find out where the problem is?

Soory for the long rant, but a bit lost now!

santheman
8th August, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hi,

Yes, it is a null modem cable from cabling4less. I have also tried to switch the port on device manager but getthe same problem.

Is there a point pof no return with the 8882 problem?

Do i need to insert the USB stick when I do this process?

Are there any other tests I can do to see whatthe failing component is? Does the GTROMloader work for Vista?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers

santheman
8th August, 2009, 01:39 PM
HI,

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing, after selecting 'Application only' and selecting the 107 file, I then click on download and the go and switch the box on from the back. I then see ithe front display on the box go to 8888 and then to 8882 after 1 second. I see nothing on the laptom, i.e. the downloading windo that I am expecting to see.