PDA

View Full Version : Commando 15.1b for DM500S or DM500C Release image 25/10/2015

abu baniaz
26th October, 2015, 02:45 AM
As per PaphosAl

Okay, guys- thanks to quality feedback, not to mention LraiZer's eagle eyes, the C15.1b test image dated 14 Oct 2015 has now served it's purpose, and TC have now baked a re-release of this image, hot off the press today.

Two builds, actually, so it's all bang up to date as of this morning's services line ups!

Main fix is the "Channel 5" issue in the ROI stream. Hands up- this was our fault (or rather, AL's, for slapdash testing, doh...)

For you Paddys over here and on your local UK SML, we've also added "TV3" and "TV3+1" to the bottom end of the "Regional" bouquet, correctly ordered.

Also included in the attachment are our historical readme HELP files, and Abu's new "How to reflash" from existing Commando or E1 image in glorious illustrated PDF format, for you noobs! Many thanks for your work, Abu!

Whichever DM500 SD box you have (Cable or Sat) PLEASE make your first port of call to the Set My Location menu under the BLUE button menus! For DM500S:

BLUE > BLUE > GREEN > RED

and for DM500C:

BLUE > BLUE > RED

edevs
9th November, 2015, 08:18 PM
As per PaphosAl

[/COLOR][/B]

ive installed this having difficulties putting xxxxxon it any help appreciated by the way great image and thanks

maca
9th November, 2015, 08:43 PM
No such talk allowed on dk mate sorry

edevs
9th November, 2015, 10:10 PM
ok sorry
should have known

edevs
10th November, 2015, 08:16 PM
if i mage is corrupt /not ftp right etc will i have to reflash using null modem and dreamup

plasterer
10th November, 2015, 09:25 PM
yes mate sounds about right
wot is ftp saying when you try and connect

spudorange
12th November, 2015, 07:01 PM
Hi all, I have 2 questions if Al or anyone else can help please

I have 15.0D on and it shows as "your image is bang up to date"

Q1. Is there a way of forcing the box to update to 15.1, or should I just use DreamUp? (I do read the txt files in toolbox, by the way)

Q2. It would be nice to "lock down" access to the box via password. similar PliJade image of old. Is this possible?

I don't mind people seeing the IP address in , menu/settings.... I just don't wanting them reading the info in the .cfg file via ftp (server info for example)

As always, I would appreciate the feedback

thanks

spudorange
13th November, 2015, 12:46 PM
Have sent you a pm mate

read & follow carefully, if you still have issues pm me back

ive installed this having difficulties putting xxxxxon it any help appreciated by the way great image and thanks

PaphosAL
15th November, 2015, 03:00 PM
Sorry, but since Commando DM500S went dual-platform (cable and sat) late 2014, O~~~~~ Updates were frozen in time. It was just too complex to handle for both types of tuner, running the strong risk of embarrassing errors creeping in...

Just backup your stuff then reflash with the 25/10/15 C15.1b above.

No point in locking the box down, as the user can easily reset the root password to the default blank in the Settings Menu. Try it and see.

Cheers- AL