PDA

View Full Version : Picture Quality Problem

smelltheglove
8th August, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hi there,

I have 2 Kryptviews, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs, the downstairs one i only got a couple of weeks ago.

I have been away, and so my father tells me that the picture quality is bad on it, i checked it out and it was quite blurry,

for example the text/writing on sky sports news was very hard to read.

I never had a problem with mine upstairs, so i took mine down to try rule out the box,

but it works perfect, anyone any ideas about what might be wrong with the other box?

thanks.

wilf
8th August, 2009, 03:56 PM
did you try the other box upstairs too? in system settings go av output and set rgb, 16:9 and combined options, also in system settings go into other settings you can adjust all the usual suspects, contrast,colour, brightness etc. if its pixlating slightly you can try the signal deviation up or down one at a time but to be honest i never found this option very good but others have said it worked for them.

smelltheglove
14th August, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hi,

I have just tried the problem box upstairs and it has the same problems, its like watching a bad copy of a movie, the picture is very pixilated.

I adjusted the settings as you said but they had no effect.

even the krpyptview menus etc are poor quality, the actual video picture is terrible,especially reading the text on channels - like the writing on sky sports news, i dont mean teletxt.

will a reflash do anything do you think? or is this a deeper rooted problem? i.e. should i look to send it back to where i bought it?

thanks

wilf
14th August, 2009, 03:06 PM
if the good box works on both feeds ok and the bad box plays up on both feeds it must be a fault on the box, contact your supplier and arrange for a replacement as its new and should be under warranty

1michael1
16th August, 2009, 12:05 PM
had same problem,went to other settings,changed television to pal, it worked for me.

bobza23
16th August, 2009, 12:08 PM
had a similar issue with my dm500s ..changed scart lead and its perfect now