PDA

View Full Version : Citroen c4 2008 - problem to do EGR off

cheester
26th October, 2015, 03:33 PM
Can someone please help to remove EGR off the Citroen C4 1.6hdi, 2008
Car came with mod map by volta, but still error came up - ''EGR valve - stuck open''
Have ori map provided by owner, just woner if there is tested solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!!!

mihaiservice
26th October, 2015, 06:16 PM
Hi
here you have egr off,dont forget to disconnet the plug from egr !

Regards

Mike

twchnodictator
27th October, 2015, 11:15 AM
You have to disassemble egr and clean it. Otherwise it will be open all thee time and car will have low power and intake full of carbons.

ludbe
27th October, 2015, 11:41 AM
or block it with metal plate

mihaiservice
27th October, 2015, 11:58 AM
You have to disassemble egr and clean it. Otherwise it will be open all thee time and car will have low power and intake full of carbons.
Dont need to be open it ! all egr actuator from 1.6hdi are with spring inside,will be closed when plug are disconnected !!!

spychu14
27th October, 2015, 12:25 PM
Tell that to EGR valve that i have yesterday. Opened all the time with plug unplugged. Too much soot inside.

mihaiservice
27th October, 2015, 01:08 PM
The value from Mass Air Flow can be check it with allmost diagnostic tools,why to lose time to open/remove egr valve before check the value ?

spychu14
27th October, 2015, 01:13 PM
If the values are correct then OK but sometimes differences cold be not so big- valve have leaks.

twchnodictator
27th October, 2015, 05:19 PM
Dont need to be open it ! all egr actuator from 1.6hdi are with spring inside,will be closed when plug are disconnected !!!

But if carbon blocking it, it will be better to clean it before. It costs nothing and gives good result.

mihaiservice
27th October, 2015, 09:08 PM
Yes...why to lose two hours to disassemble egr valve when we have diagnostic tools ?

twchnodictator
28th October, 2015, 07:56 PM
Yes...why to lose two hours to disassemble egr valve when we have diagnostic tools ?

Because not everything can be fixed with diagnostic tools or remap...unfortunately. I just told my opinion on this situation, don't wanna argue with anybody.

CustomCars
28th October, 2015, 08:21 PM
That's right ! EGR needed be cleaned or blocked.
And pro solution no needed disconnect any plug.

gitko
28th October, 2015, 08:36 PM
That's right ! EGR needed be cleaned or blocked.
And pro solution no needed disconnect any plug.

Mate the BEST solution for egr,dpf and etc. are with disconnect plugs that is my opinion.

Best Regards

mihaiservice
28th October, 2015, 08:52 PM
Because not everything can be fixed with diagnostic tools or remap...unfortunately. I just told my opinion on this situation, don't wanna argue with anybody.
With diagnostic tools can interogate cars and find the problems,also some time can fix that problem and i think nobody want to lose many and many hours to dismantling and assembly many parts from engine without interogation of ecu ,this one are the point of all diagnostic tools!
In this situation also dont forget were are mounted that egr !

twchnodictator
29th October, 2015, 09:18 AM
With diagnostic tools can interogate cars and find the problems,also some time can fix that problem and i think nobody want to lose many and many hours to dismantling and assembly many parts from engine without interogation of ecu ,this one are the point of all diagnostic tools!
In this situation also dont forget were are mounted that egr !

I know where it is, but it's my solution, my point of view.