PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 308

radiosolutions
29th October, 2015, 12:33 AM
2009 reg 1.6 bmw engine, non runner, it has no spark, but has fuel. Will intermittently start if you keep trying to start,but only for a second or two. Faults in engine 02 sensor bank 1, changed this but faultcode still there permanent,but car is in power save mode. I look at bsi parameters it say bsi locked. But says ecu and bsi matched. Sometimes it says bsi unlocked if you keep looking at parameter,but switches back to locked. The customer says car just cut out and would not restart. If I take out spark plug and keep turning key it will fire for about a second or two,this is when car will fire up but cut straight out. Any help would be superb

ACDC
29th October, 2015, 04:53 PM
Check rpm signal in live data while cranking. Or if that's okay, try an ignition coil test in actuator diagnosis.

siklistrifon
29th October, 2015, 05:42 PM
check g28 engine speed sensor wiring

radiosolutions
29th October, 2015, 07:08 PM
Engine speed in live data is fine

radiosolutions
30th October, 2015, 07:04 PM
It has mev17-4 euro 4 ecu. In live data it says problem detected when transmitting the unlock code. Awaiting for response from bsi. Ecu locked. Ecu matched. It will intermittently start briefly but only a few seconds. Thanks

alessioblaupunkt
3rd November, 2015, 05:55 PM
Is the timing ok?
Do you know this is a FULL OF PROBLEM engine?
I posted a discussion about 6 months ago.

radiosolutions
3rd November, 2015, 08:59 PM
its only sparking now and then m8. it probably fires once out of 20 turns.

clusters
3rd November, 2015, 09:15 PM
If you don't have a scope to test the engine speed sensor output and compare to a known good waveform, I would be inclined to throw a sensor at it. Have seen sensors with weak signal, enough to show RPM on live data, but not enough to make the ECU fire the coil. Also check the wiring closely at the connector, tug on each wire to see if one is broken.

Crankshaft/engine speed sensors are a high failure item on all cars.

alessioblaupunkt
4th November, 2015, 08:02 PM
If it is out of timing for a few degrees you have no spark. (faulty chain tensioner)
Check timing marks.
Have fun with bmw engine.
Need picture? Just ask.

Ashraf6119
9th November, 2015, 09:15 PM
The vehicle has gone in to Eco Mode and the only way to get it out is to look for a Diagnostic Tool which has a option for Eco Mode Reset or, get the Immo Pin Code and reprogram your keys back in again.............By reprogramming the keys back in again it will unlock your ECU and you will be able to start..............

Zmann
10th November, 2015, 01:54 AM
ECU sensors fault or timing fault won't should not seeing 'Awaiting for response from bsi'

radiosolutions
11th November, 2015, 10:35 PM
Found it is a engine ecu fault. Is there a way I can take coding out of it and put it into used ecu. Bosch 0 261 201 863. Mev174 . Mev17.4. Or can I virginise or immo off second hand ecu. Thanks

obd.tech
4th June, 2016, 01:18 PM
What was the outcome radiosolutions, i have an identical fault on a 2007 model.
When ECU locked, did you manage to delete any DTC?
How do you use a S/H ECU?

radiosolutions
4th June, 2016, 04:40 PM
It's was ecu fault. Had one off ebay, people sell them,but had to pay 350. It all worked,very common for ecu fault.or you can try Bba reman, ecutesting m8